Quads on a GT Spec B R

Exhaust modifications

Quads on a GT Spec B R

Postby riddy_95 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey all, just recently discovered this wonderful resource after purchasing one of subarus limited edition GT Spec B R models. Car is great in and out, but would be even better with quad tip mufflers. My main goal was to get a rumble aswell but I'm not 100% sure if i have to touch up on the headers on that too (UEL). Not too sketchy on the sound atm would anybody know where i could purchase a set of quad tips for my car in sydney? Cheers! :wink:
See it, hear it, feel it.
riddy_95

Car: 09 Liberty GT Spec B R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27687

Re: Quads on a GT Spec B R

Postby peadya100 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:30 pm

If you want the rumble you have to get after market quads. Just the mufflers alone will give you the rumble, but the full exhaust system will improve performance if you get a tune.
Hi-tech mufflers in Sydney sell them for 850ish. That's what I have. TCP mufflers sell some on here for 600ish. I like the look of the TCP mufflers, but can't comment on loudness. Can't imagine they'd be much different to others though.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby riddy_95 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:18 pm

peadya100 wrote:If you want the rumble you have to get after market quads. Just the mufflers alone will give you the rumble, but the full exhaust system will improve performance if you get a tune.
Hi-tech mufflers in Sydney sell them for 850ish. That's what I have. TCP mufflers sell some on here for 600ish. I like the look of the TCP mufflers, but can't comment on loudness. Can't imagine they'd be much different to others though.

Thanks once again. I emailed them, see how we go with it. They will definately improve the aesthetics of the car by a major factor thats for sure :)
riddy_95

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 am

peadya100 wrote:If you want the rumble you have to get after market quads. Just the mufflers alone will give you the rumble, but the full exhaust system will improve performance if you get a tune.

I've got quite a rumble with the STI quads (from the Tuned by STI Liberty):

To be fair, that does have a 3" Invidia downpipe and 3" TCP mid/y-pipe as well. :)
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby riddy_95 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 am

Manaz wrote:

I've got quite a rumble with the STI quads (from the Tuned by STI Liberty):

To be fair, that does have a 3" Invidia downpipe and 3" TCP mid/y-pipe as well. :)

That's awesome! Yeah that's what does most of the work, the down pipe. I've seen a couple of 'em GTs with exhausts alone and they sound like ordinary cars :( And it is also not wallet friendly lol
riddy_95

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:25 am

riddy_95 wrote:
That's awesome! Yeah that's what does most of the work, the down pipe. I've seen a couple of 'em GTs with exhausts alone and they sound like ordinary cars :( And it is also not wallet friendly lol

It sounded pretty damned quiet with the stock mufflers - the STI quads really opened it up. I ran it for quite some time on the stock mufflers, and it barely sounded any different to stock.
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby riddy_95 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:27 am

Manaz wrote:
riddy_95 wrote:

It sounded pretty damned quiet with the stock mufflers - the STI quads really opened it up. I ran it for quite some time on the stock mufflers, and it barely sounded any different to stock.

Yeah it sounds very nice! Thats my goal. Waiting to order some from TCP when they have stock. See how we go :)
riddy_95

Postby peadya100 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Other way around. They sound stock with after market exhausts and stock mufflers. If you have a stock exhaust and only after market mufflers you get a sound deeper and louder than rob has there. Depends what you're after. Most people will tell you they want STi mufflers, but they're as rare as rocking horse shit and you'll pay 500-600 for mufflers that have done 100,000kms.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby munjai » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:44 pm

riddy_95 wrote:
Manaz wrote:
riddy_95 wrote:

Yeah it sounds very nice! Thats my goal. Waiting to order some from TCP when they have stock. See how we go :)

My lib with TCP Quads

munjai

Car: MY09 GT Spec B

Postby chris12 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Hooray! Thanks for posting a video Chris. Have you done any other exhaust mods (I can't remember)?
chris12

Car: VW Golf GTI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24279

Postby munjai » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey Chris!

yea, I've got Invidia Dump and x-force mid/y pipe
munjai

Car: MY09 GT Spec B

Return to Exhausts