Recommendations for Exhaust Shops in Perth?

Exhaust modifications

Recommendations for Exhaust Shops in Perth?

Postby DarkSpectrum » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Hello,

I picked up a stock MY10 Liberty GT a few weeks back and I have booked in for a Kido tuning with Matt when he comes over to Perth soon so before the car is tuned I wanted to add a dump pipe mod. Can anyone recommend a good fitter in Perth that work with quality parts and at a good price?

Also, are there any other bang for buck mods I can add before the tune? I'm not sure I want a full TBE because I don't want to attract any attention with the sound. Maybe things like filters etc?
DarkSpectrum

Car: Subaru Liberty GT Premium MY10

Re: Recommendations for Exhaust Shops in Perth?

Postby jslayz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:51 pm

DarkSpectrum wrote:Hello,

I picked up a stock MY10 Liberty GT a few weeks back and I have booked in for a Kido tuning with Matt when he comes over to Perth soon so before the car is tuned I wanted to add a dump pipe mod. Can anyone recommend a good fitter in Perth that work with quality parts and at a good price?

Also, are there any other bang for buck mods I can add before the tune? I'm not sure I want a full TBE because I don't want to attract any attention with the sound. Maybe things like filters etc?

Being a Gen V its more involved. I would suggest a shop that has done them before.

Stechnic, Maximum Motorsport, Mettams Mrfflers Morley, Prestige Exhaust would all be worth a call.
Prestige is the local XForce distributor so will have these http://xforce1-px.rtrk.com.au/xforce-products/turbo-back-system-for-a-subaru-liberty-gt-2010-to--with-a-stainless-steel-3-inch-turbo-back-exhaust-system/productnr-ES-SL10/cid-1063040026/vid-

Perhaps XForce dump, center and catalytic converter fitted by your preference will be a good option.

Lets hear from others.....
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby DarkSpectrum » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi jslayz,

Thank you for the info. As a 34 yo single dad with three kids who I drop off at school everyday I really don't want any attention from the exhaust haha but I still want the extra power! :) So in your opinion replacing the dump, center and catalytic won't increase the noise much / at all? Will I still gain power without a full TBE?
DarkSpectrum

Car: Subaru Liberty GT Premium MY10

Postby agan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:55 am

Hey mate

Depends on what you mean by noisy. Some of them aren't really loud until you stomp on it otherwise they tend to just have a bit of the burble or light drone and that's all. I have come across a gen5 or two in WA which appear to have had fujitsubo or HKS cat backs / TBEs. TBEs will of course give you the most out of the system although the dump is where most of the gains would be in theory. From the JDM ones it depends on which of their specific models you go for. As for the local ones - same thing you need to check. Personally I just went down the JDM path. Less hassle lol. But that's a personal preference. From memory some of the gen5s in Sydney have gone down the full TBE setup with the above brands.

Matt (KiDo) advises against wet filters fr memory so all I did was to buy a hks panel filter. Slight sound that's all. (Would love more than that but!)

+1 for the xforce dump - quite a few cars here run xforce dumps from memory (gen4 and or 5)

With the gen4s a few of us changed to a 3 port boost control solenoid. Not sure if that's the same recommendation for gen5 so I would give that a check with Matt.

Exhaust shops - as mentioned by jslayz. I have used Mettams at morley - great bunch to speak to - pat, Julian or Ian.

STechnic can install if you supply the parts too. And they probably could recommend a few options.

I'll let the other WA boys chime in :)
MY08 GT Spec.B Diamond Grey Sedan
agan

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18369

Return to Exhausts