H6 Liberty Suggested Exhaust

Exhaust modifications

H6 Liberty Suggested Exhaust

Postby Curley5959 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi All,

New to the forums. I just put a deposit on a H6 Liberty today, have been looking at one for a while now and finally found one suitable. Should be picking it up sometime during the week.

The question I have is what type of modification to the exhaust will result in a nice sporty note without being too over the top or droney?

Would a set of mufflers be enough to give it a nice note?

I have searched through the forums only to find info about various exhaust systems and setups.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Curley5959

Car: 07 Forester XT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27640

Re: H6 Liberty Suggested Exhaust

Postby Swan_Liberty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:51 pm

new muffelrs will give you a good note without going over the top.

here is a link to my stock 3.0R-B with the mufflers removed for noise making purposes. was droney as hell, but if you actually put free flowing tips on the end it would be reduced.

/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26843

As a new 3L owner hit up Matt mcleod for his kido tune. 100% worth the money he works wonders with these motors.
Swan_Liberty

Car: PreLift 3.0RB Sedan

Postby Shiv » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Is Aaron, welcome to the club.

Is yours an auto or manual?
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Postby Curley5959 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Swan_Liberty wrote:new muffelrs will give you a good note without going over the top.

here is a link to my stock 3.0R-B with the mufflers removed for noise making purposes. was droney as hell, but if you actually put free flowing tips on the end it would be reduced.

/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26843

As a new 3L owner hit up Matt mcleod for his kido tune. 100% worth the money he works wonders with these motors.

Hi Swan,

I had watched your videos prior to creating this thread, and they were one of the reasons for me asking about Mufflers Only, as it obviously does make a world of difference.

I have also read up about the Kido tune and am very interested. I'm going to look into this to see if I can arrange a time and place.

Haven't got the car yet as the carrier has delayed it until next week. Oh the joy!

Shiv wrote:Is Aaron, welcome to the club.

Is yours an auto or manual?

Hey Shiv,

It will be a manual :) Really looking forward to getting it.
Curley5959

Car: 07 Forester XT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27640

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:39 pm

I had mufflers only on for about 12months and was happy with the sound nice note but not loud. Even with the catback exhaust I dont find it too loud or droney
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby TheMightyGonzo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:22 pm

You should check out xforce, they make a catback system for the h6 that gives it a real nice sporty note that isn't too droney. I still get a stupid grin on my face driving mine around, sounds epic.
TheMightyGonzo

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B Wagon

Postby 77T » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:15 pm

I found the xForce very droney with auto tranny whenever under load
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby 77T » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Wondering if there is any catback which can come close to the E46 M3 type sound,more metallic and less bass without sounding like a honda haha
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby Bennis » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:52 pm

77T wrote:Wondering if there is any catback which can come close to the E46 M3 type sound,more metallic and less bass without sounding like a honda haha

100cell / no cats will help it sound like an M3. They have a very metallic tinny sound, I have heard some h6 liberties get a tinny rasp to themt when no cats are installed. Removing the centre resonator would help too. But be prepared for some drone.

The actual note itself, to get it a bit more burbly like an M3 rather than smooth which you hear with the stock/raptors, you would need some custom headers with a slight unequal length to the design, only slightly otherwise itll end up sounding like a conventional v6 (check out some turbo h6s to get an idea, almost all on youtube have unequal headers and the change in exhaust note is dramatic).
Bennis

Car: 3.0R Outback

Return to Exhausts