3.0 Bolt-On Muffler

Exhaust modifications

3.0 Bolt-On Muffler

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Looking for a nice set of bolt-on mufflers for my auto H6, ideally looking for something that'll open up the engine note nicely without exploding ear drums. Looks wise I want large single tips with the burnt titanium look (not for everyone I know!)

Actually think a fellow member's mufflers would be perfect but cannot find them anywhere with the burnt tip look for the liberty, can anyone help me out?

neilgero wrote:HKS ES Premium Mufflers for 3.0R system

I got these off Yahoo japan for 450AU single bid and won. shipping was another 250 because of retarded box size but i think its worth it (or mebe cos im brand whore)

Inlet is 2.5" straight through and tips are 4.5" with burnt titanium tip look. material is polished Stainless Steel. everything bolts up and fits in without a problem as expected from HKS.

Also considering the HKS Silent Hi Power mufflers (don't think these come in a burnt tips version though), anyone with first hand experience on how they compare to the es premium? Seems both are reasonably conservative and similar in noise output from what I've read.
Any recommendations of other bolt-on mufflers that meet my criteria would be greatly appreciated.

Also I am aware of the exhaust mega thread however it seems very few posts relate to bolt on mufflers on the stock 3.0 system
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Re: 3.0 Bolt-On Muffler

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Been in contact with the guys at IM and HKS Australia to try to track down these mufflers.

If I can't does anyone have experience with Kakimoto Racing Regu 06&R:

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?ur ... 9%2009%205
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby MertS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:45 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Been in contact with the guys at IM and HKS Australia to try to track down these mufflers.

This member had them..
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799&start=180

Had a quick flick through, not sure if he had any videos with just the mufflers on in there... might be worth a look
MertS

Car: 2005 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24977

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:59 am

MertS wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Been in contact with the guys at IM and HKS Australia to try to track down these mufflers.

This member had them..
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799&start=180

Had a quick flick through, not sure if he had any videos with just the mufflers on in there... might be worth a look

Ah good find mate, cheers for the link.

Actually have just found a used set of the limited edition HKS mufflers pictured above for a good price.
Unfortunately it doesn't come with mounting bolts and such so if I can use the stuff from my stock mufflers or buy the bolts separately somewhere then I'll hopefully snap them up.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby Moeeyy_ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 am

Generally you should be able to use the same bolts, I did with my hurricanes
Moeeyy_

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty Spec.B 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25728

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:11 am

Moeeyy_ wrote:Generally you should be able to use the same bolts, I did with my hurricanes

Yeah I've looked at the mufflers and underneath the car and it all seems to match up. Plus the bolts and everything look pretty standard so I can just go to bunnings if I need anything.
Went ahead with the purchase, shipping and processing was a bit pricey for my liking but I really liked these mufflers and the HKS brand so I was happy to pay it, especially since they were a limited edition run and can't be bought anymore : :mrgreen:

KelvinTaylor88

Return to Exhausts