Aftermarket twin tips on mufflers

Exhaust modifications

Aftermarket twin tips on mufflers

Postby shav » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:19 am

Has anybody had any experience or success in getting an exhaust shop to fit quad tips onto existing mufflers before?

Im considering fitting quad tips to an already fitted Ultrex s/s mufflers. Currently I have the big ass 4" single tips, but would like to fit maybe twin 2.25" or 2.5" tips on each side instead of buying brand new mufflers.

Would it look gay if I did this? or would I be better off buying say 'tbears' quads and trying to sell off my current mufflers cheap to someone else?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: Aftermarket twin tips on mufflers

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:28 am

It can be done for sure and there are Y pipe tips to make it easier.
Bear in mind the sedan looks better with staggered tips.

It would mostly depend on finding the right tips and then getting the right quote, price vs quality.
Then consider that vs your timeframe and availability of aftermarket offerings eg tcp :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby shav » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 am

bigBADbenny wrote:It can be done for sure and there are Y pipe tips to make it easier.
Bear in mind the sedan looks better with staggered tips.

It would mostly depend on finding the right tips and then getting the right quote, price vs quality.
Then consider that vs your timeframe and availability of aftermarket offerings eg tcp :)

Thanks Ben. That's what I was thinking. I wouldnt want some cheap ass naff looking tips either. Definitely the staggered versions. But it would be hard to pick the correct lengths etc.

Would I be better off measuring what length is required or will an exhaust shop be cluey enough to modify the tips to suit?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby ez30rb » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

I've been through this before - The exhaust shop will have a range of aftermarket tips, and you can select the style, size, and design that you like so that it sits right.

I know you're based in Adelaide, but most decent exhaust shops stock the same brands

This shop is based in Sydney, but you can get an idea of whats out there - https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/inde ... 01bd7427c8
Barn Crew
ez30rb

Car: 3.0RB
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21069

Postby shav » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

ez30rb wrote:I've been through this before - The exhaust shop will have a range of aftermarket tips, and you can select the style, size, and design that you like so that it sits right.

I know you're based in Adelaide, but most decent exhaust shops stock the same brands

This shop is based in Sydney, but you can get an idea of whats out there - https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/inde ... 01bd7427c8

Thanks mate, Ive had a good look at their stock.

Im liking the look of these. Its not a cheap exercise to go this way, but it's got to be cheaper than going new mufflers and then finding a buyer for the old ones.
https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/prod ... 01bd7427c8
https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/prod ... 01bd7427c8
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby paggaz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am

Aftermarket/custom 3" twin tips on Xforce mufflers which used to have the single 4" tips.

Very tight squeeze!

paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby shav » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Thats what I was afraid of Nathan. But it does fit by the looks of it.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Return to Exhausts