2.5L Exhaust Mod - Help!

Exhaust modifications

2.5L Exhaust Mod - Help!

Postby Stewie1995 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Hey all,

i am sorry if this has been covered already :/

So i have a dodgy o2 sensor either in front or behind the cat, which i am getting fixed by a exhaust place.
I thought since im already spending money to get this sensor fixed up, i would have a look at an exhaust system upgrade including the sensor, purely for a performance boost, i don't really want to have the whole cannon thing and making my car sound extremely loud. So i wanted some suggestions, because i know absolutely nothing about exhaust systems.
I'm also on a tight budget not wanting to spend more than $1000. I know im not going to get MUCH performance mods for this price, but if i could get some and weigh it all up i might consider it.

Could you guys please help, give me suggestions, a few fun-facts and a bit of info on exhaust systems? i don't really mind what materials i.e stainless steal etc, would just appreciate some help :)

Thank You Guys!
Stewie1995

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Heritage

Re: 2.5L Exhaust Mod - Help!

Postby Swan_Liberty » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:14 pm

With the n/a engine you are going to make next to nothing, even spending 1000 is overkill, spend the 500 or so bucks on a decent catback with decent tips to get some note out of it. don't feel compelled to get a brand name system, your run of the mill exhaust place would be able to make one pretty cheap, my brother has a gen 3 lib 2.5 and it has a 2.25" catback which cost him 350 installed and it sounds great, gives a nice wrx like rumble (even with stock headers, rumble nowhere near as deep but still trademark subaru) while still being loud enough to enjoy but not so loud to be non epa compliant (doesn't get too much police attention either)

Also do not judge the system on day 1, exhausts need to be worked in and you will notice at 3 months it will sound very different compared to day 1.

Hope this helps in some way :)
Swan_Liberty

Car: PreLift 3.0RB Sedan

Return to Exhausts