Full TBE with stock mufflers vs sports - Gen V

Exhaust modifications

Full TBE with stock mufflers vs sports - Gen V

Postby sssyco » Fri May 30, 2014 10:03 am

Installed my new Xforce TBE last week and am thinking the Xforce mufflers are too loud for me (I use the car for work and its not a good look for me when all the other managers are driving Landcruisers and im driving around a liberty with a big exhaust!). Im thinking of either changing back to the stock mufflers or the stock mufflers and the Y pipe. Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the amount of power i would be losing over keeping the full TBE.

If I change just the stock mufflers I was planning on using some Steel Putty to make some kind of cone shape inside the larger pipes to smooth out the step between the Xforce Y pipe and the smaller diameter standard mufflers. Not sure how well this will work but I figure its bound to reduce some turbulance.
My10 GT wagon auto, xforce TBE, Kido tune, K&N panel filter, fully sick boot liner and cargo net, baby seat
sssyco

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Re: Full TBE with stock mufflers vs sports - Gen V

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 am

sssyco wrote:Installed my new Xforce TBE last week and am thinking the Xforce mufflers are too loud for me (I use the car for work and its not a good look for me when all the other managers are driving Landcruisers and im driving around a liberty with a big exhaust!). Im thinking of either changing back to the stock mufflers or the stock mufflers and the Y pipe. Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the amount of power i would be losing over keeping the full TBE.

If I change just the stock mufflers I was planning on using some Steel Putty to make some kind of cone shape inside the larger pipes to smooth out the step between the Xforce Y pipe and the smaller diameter standard mufflers. Not sure how well this will work but I figure its bound to reduce some turbulance.

I can quieten the car down with the retune :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Re: Full TBE with stock mufflers vs sports - Gen V

Postby sssyco » Sat May 31, 2014 7:41 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
sssyco wrote:Installed my new Xforce TBE last week and am thinking the Xforce mufflers are too loud for me (I use the car for work and its not a good look for me when all the other managers are driving Landcruisers and im driving around a liberty with a big exhaust!). Im thinking of either changing back to the stock mufflers or the stock mufflers and the Y pipe. Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the amount of power i would be losing over keeping the full TBE.

I can quieten the car down with the retune :)

Of course! I forgot there was a volume setting built into the ecu :P

Talking of the retune when are you coming down to do it Matt, I'm getting excited about the prospect of using s# mode again
My10 GT wagon auto, xforce TBE, Kido tune, K&N panel filter, fully sick boot liner and cargo net, baby seat
sssyco

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Return to Exhausts