exhaust mod for MY09 3.0R

Exhaust modifications

exhaust mod for MY09 3.0R

Postby deadlylyric » Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi everyone :D :D

I am a newb to this forum and just wanna ask something that many might have asked already.

I am looking to play with the exhaust of my car abit so the sound will be louder but in a comfortable way. Personally i am not looking at any mods to headers or the fronts as with the N/A H6 engine i dont think its worth the money.

So my question is that what are my options if i only wanna change the sound. Should i add a muffler and change the dual tip to quad tip, or should i just find a set of straight pipes and neglect the mufflers.

Also i've heard that as the car is post FL there will be some problem to fit the quad tips at the back? does anyone know if that's true or..

Anyways any responses and replies will be very greatly appreciated

Cheers
deadlylyric

Re: exhaust mod for MY09 3.0R

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed May 28, 2014 7:45 pm

deadlylyric wrote:Hi everyone :D :D

I am a newb to this forum and just wanna ask something that many might have asked already.

I am looking to play with the exhaust of my car abit so the sound will be louder but in a comfortable way. Personally i am not looking at any mods to headers or the fronts as with the N/A H6 engine i dont think its worth the money.

So my question is that what are my options if i only wanna change the sound. Should i add a muffler and change the dual tip to quad tip, or should i just find a set of straight pipes and neglect the mufflers.

Also i've heard that as the car is post FL there will be some problem to fit the quad tips at the back? does anyone know if that's true or..

Cheers

Headers alone make the engine breathe better and it sounds better. Ask Karlos_SA as his review sort of showcases the potential

That said, if your just after a bark, the rear mufflers can be upgraded with ease for some noise
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby deadlylyric » Wed May 28, 2014 11:38 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
deadlylyric wrote:Hi everyone :D :D

Cheers

Headers alone make the engine breathe better and it sounds better. Ask Karlos_SA as his review sort of showcases the potential

That said, if your just after a bark, the rear mufflers can be upgraded with ease for some noise

Thanks alot KiDo:), i am also keen to get a tune from ya after the exhaust upgrade. is it possible for you to book me in? Cheers
deadlylyric

Postby deadlylyric » Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 pm

i think i will prefer a quad muffler tip so any suggestions guys~?
deadlylyric

Postby Manaz » Thu May 29, 2014 11:18 am

There are no issues fitting quad-tip mufflers to the rear of a post-FL car.

So, you could buy new (there's a number of brands out there that are built specifically to suit Subarus, including X-Force, Invidia, HKS, etc etc etc), or find a second hand set of quads on these forums (the STI quads should just bolt up).
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Return to Exhausts