Will a facelift exhaust fit a preface

Exhaust modifications

Will a facelift exhaust fit a preface

Postby Shakibsaifi » Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm just wondering if this will fit my car. I have a preface lift 2.5L (EJ25) gen 4 liberty and i'm buying xforce headers with A hurricane cat off a fellow member. Now this came off a facelift ej20 2.0 will there be any issues.
I'm a newbie so give me a break haha.
Last edited by Shakibsaifi on Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shakibsaifi

Car: MY04 WRX
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24959&p=357443#p357443

Re: Will a facelift exhaust fit a preface

Postby Manaz » Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 am

Shakibsaifi wrote:I'm just wondering if this will fit my car. I have a preface lift 2.5L (EJ25) gen 4 liberty and i'm buying xforce headers with A hurricane cat off a fellow member. Now this came off a facelift ej20 2.5 will there be any issues.

There's no 2.5L EJ20 - it will be the EJ25.

And yes, there are no substantial differences in the NA cars between pre-FL and post-FL in the sense of the exhaust.
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby d-chang » Thu May 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Manaz wrote:
Shakibsaifi wrote:I'm just wondering if this will fit my car. I have a preface lift 2.5L (EJ25) gen 4 liberty and i'm buying xforce headers with A hurricane cat off a fellow member. Now this came off a facelift ej20 2.5 will there be any issues.

And yes, there are no substantial differences in the NA cars between pre-FL and post-FL in the sense of the exhaust.

I don't want to rain on this parade but I would do a bit more extra research... I KNOW that an Xforce system for a 2.0R preface does NOT line up with a preface 2.5, comes up short. I know because I tried to swap it before I traded my old Lib in... in the end I left the exhaust (from the cat to the end of Y pipe with a straight pipe in the middle) and stuck on stock mufflers... as I could take the X Force mufflers off. Considering you are changing the front end of the exhaust, it should be ok as Manaz said... but if it is from the cat down to the Y pipe, you may have issues...
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby Manaz » Thu May 22, 2014 2:46 pm

d-chang wrote:
Manaz wrote:

I don't want to rain on this parade but I would do a bit more extra research... I KNOW that an Xforce system for a 2.0R preface does NOT line up with a preface 2.5, comes up short. I know because I tried to swap it before I traded my old Lib in... in the end I left the exhaust (from the cat to the end of Y pipe with a straight pipe in the middle) and stuck on stock mufflers... as I could take the X Force mufflers off. Considering you are changing the front end of the exhaust, it should be ok as Manaz said... but if it is from the cat down to the Y pipe, you may have issues...

To be clear - it has to be 2.5L to 2.5L, or 2.0L to 2.0L (all NA). You can't swap headers from a 2.0 turbo to a 2.5l turbo, or from NA to turbo (or vice versa).
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby d-chang » Thu May 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Manaz wrote:To be clear - it has to be 2.5L to 2.5L, or 2.0L to 2.0L (all NA). You can't swap headers from a 2.0 turbo to a 2.5l turbo, or from NA to turbo (or vice versa).

Yes exactly.. I think the nature of this post is that he is trying to fit an ej20 set up onto an ej25...
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Postby Shakibsaifi » Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Shakibsaifi

Car: MY04 WRX
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24959&p=357443#p357443

Postby d-chang » Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

To be honest, I am not too sure... I just know the end parts of the exhaust won't fit..

I just had a quick google... and came across this... of course your situation is the reverse..

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23332

d-chang
-stickered-

Return to Exhausts