New TBE, screech under boost...

Exhaust modifications

New TBE, screech under boost...

Postby trolley » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi guys, 3" TBE installed today, Advance dump, 200 cell cat, resonator and XForce mufflers. All stainless, sounds awesome. Drove out of the shop happy as Larry, after 5 minutes of city driving got to open it up a little. Foot flat, in second gear after 3k RPM a sound came from the car like someone letting air out of a baloon, while stretching the mouth tight. Like a schreeching sound. This happened 5-6 times total, called the muffler shop and drove straight back. Up on the stand and they double checked, no leaks visible, all gasket material was fine. So if it wasn't a leak, WTF was it? While driving back the noise didn't happen at all, so i'm really confused...

Just have to keep it in S until Matt is back in Sydney :( Definitely needs a tune, it's popping a fair bit on gear changes.

Should probably add a mention for Paul at Muffler Center in Wollongong. Extremely friendly and helpful guy. Would definitely go back again!
trolley

Car: 2007 GT Spec B

Re: New TBE, screech under boost...

Postby norbs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Sounds like a boost leak to me. They may have had to remove the intercooler to install the TBE. Check all couplings and hoses !!
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby jacks-GTB » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 pm

leaking throttle body hose...they have these donuts gaskets....get rid of them, not needed..

jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby trolley » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:32 pm

Hmm OK i'll take a look tomorrow. Strange as he specifically mentioned they only touched the back of the turbo and nothing else... I'm not actually sure what i'm looking for, is that the hose that goes onto the turbo?
trolley

Postby Kekotic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:44 pm

trolley wrote:Hmm OK i'll take a look tomorrow. Strange as he specifically mentioned they only touched the back of the turbo and nothing else... I'm not actually sure what i'm looking for, is that the hose that goes onto the turbo?

To change the dump you need to take off the TMIC to undo the bolts up the top on the dump don't you?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby trolley » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:58 am

Kekotic wrote:
trolley wrote:Hmm OK i'll take a look tomorrow. Strange as he specifically mentioned they only touched the back of the turbo and nothing else... I'm not actually sure what i'm looking for, is that the hose that goes onto the turbo?

To change the dump you need to take off the TMIC to undo the bolts up the top on the dump don't you?

Looks like it. They had definitely taken the TMIC off - and didn't tighten the throttle body hose coupling. At all. And the end of the host was twisted... So I semi-removed the TMIC and shoved it back into place. Should be sorted :) Thanks for the help!
trolley

Postby shav » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:48 am

Did it fix it?

I hate it when workshops deny doing stuff they clearly have.

Dont boost it in s# until matt has retuned your car. That was his advice to me just for my CBE.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby trolley » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Yep all fixed. Annoyed the shop didn't pick it up, but i'd still recommend them.

Retune is happening tomorrow :) Car hasn't seen S# since the exhaust went on, except for my motor reflex of turning the knob when i'm at the lights!!
trolley

Postby shav » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:22 am

trolley wrote:Yep all fixed. Annoyed the shop didn't pick it up, but i'd still recommend them.

Retune is happening tomorrow :) Car hasn't seen S# since the exhaust went on, except for my motor reflex of turning the knob when i'm at the lights!!

Haha. Good to hear.
Look forward to hearing updates
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Newbie GT » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 am

trolley wrote:Yep all fixed. Annoyed the shop didn't pick it up, but i'd still recommend them.

Remote tune ? How do you achieve this ?
Newbie GT

Postby trolley » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Newbie GT wrote:

Retune, not remote :)

The retune didn't give as big a boost as the initial tune, but i'm very happy with it regardless. Anyway it sounds faster with the exhaust :lol: Next step E85!
trolley

Postby Newbie GT » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 pm

trolley wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:

Retune, not remote :)

The retune didn't give as big a boost as the initial tune, but i'm very happy with it regardless. Anyway it sounds faster with the exhaust :lol: Next step E85!

Was it a remote tune
Newbie GT

Postby trolley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 am

Newbie GT wrote:Was it a remote tune

No it was not a remote tune. As stated in my post above. :?
trolley

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:32 am

trolley wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:Was it a remote tune

No it was not a remote tune. As stated in my post above. :?

But how did you achieve the remote tune. What is involved?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Newbie GT wrote:

Saw me in Sydney on the 10th on my way home from Melbourne
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Return to Exhausts