04 GT Auto, Single scroll conversion Dump pipe

Exhaust modifications

04 GT Auto, Single scroll conversion Dump pipe

Postby teh_mechanic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Recently finished my single scroll td05 conversion into my 04 LGT AUTO.
I have my old twin scroll, auto, HKS dump (which obviously won't fit), with the correct mild steel single scroll flange that I thought I would get welded on to fit the new turbo.
Now that I look at it, it looks do-able, maybe, but I'm having second thoughts, and don't really want to tow the car to an exhaust shop to have them say it's too hard or heaven forbid cut up the HKS to find it can't be done.

So, has anybody here done the cut and flange before?
I'm starting to think I'd be better off selling the good condition HKS dump and buy myself a proper fitting single scroll aftermarket dump.

Looks like a headache finding a dump that will fit. Only 07 LGT options I'm finding for an auto are US so would need STI steering knuckle to clear (Assume Phat won't have one in stock but will call tomorrow). 08+ WRX dumps I can't seem to find in auto or if so they are US as well. Will talk to exhaust shop tomorrow about possibility of welding the new flange on. Other option seems to be buying a cast collector with the correct flange from states for around $250 + shipping and using that on my HKS, don't really want to do that. Willing to modify my HKS mid pipe if that helps.

Anyone else been through this before when single scrolling their 04-06 Auto? Options? Anyone know if the 08+ Xforce fits 07-09 LGT Auto?
teh_mechanic

Car: MY04 2.0T Atlantic Blue

Re: 04 GT Auto, Single scroll conversion Dump pipe

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:12 am

teh_mechanic wrote:Recently finished my single scroll td05 conversion into my 04 LGT AUTO.
I have my old twin scroll, auto, HKS dump (which obviously won't fit), with the correct mild steel single scroll flange that I thought I would get welded on to fit the new turbo.
Now that I look at it, it looks do-able, maybe, but I'm having second thoughts, and don't really want to tow the car to an exhaust shop to have them say it's too hard or heaven forbid cut up the HKS to find it can't be done.

So, has anybody here done the cut and flange before?
I'm starting to think I'd be better off selling the good condition HKS dump and buy myself a proper fitting single scroll aftermarket dump.

Looks like a headache finding a dump that will fit. Only 07 LGT options I'm finding for an auto are US so would need STI steering knuckle to clear (Assume Phat won't have one in stock but will call tomorrow). 08+ WRX dumps I can't seem to find in auto or if so they are US as well. Will talk to exhaust shop tomorrow about possibility of welding the new flange on. Other option seems to be buying a cast collector with the correct flange from states for around $250 + shipping and using that on my HKS, don't really want to do that. Willing to modify my HKS mid pipe if that helps.

Anyone else been through this before when single scrolling their 04-06 Auto? Options? Anyone know if the 08+ Xforce fits 07-09 LGT Auto?

Sell the HKS one

Buy an auto 07+ LGT on from CES Racing in Qld ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby teh_mechanic » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:47 am

Hadn't thought of them, I've seen their headers on a lot of cars at work, turns out they are 10 mins down the road.

Looks good, closed til the 13th though :( Might still be my best option.

Thanks
teh_mechanic

Car: MY04 2.0T Atlantic Blue

Postby ceeej » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Still got the HKS dump pipe?
ceeej

Return to Exhausts