Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Exhaust modifications

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby chanham » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 pm

mate that sounds tits!


pretty big fan of the setup with stock muffs...when cruising around town is it loud?


ill be doing a similar setup, except with sti quads and 200 cel cats.
User avatar
chanham
formerly ciand06
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18831

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby (sic) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 pm

chanham wrote:mate that sounds tits!


pretty big fan of the setup with stock muffs...when cruising around town is it loud?


ill be doing a similar setup, except with sti quads and 200 cel cats.

Cheers mate.
Have to say it's super laggy and restricted with the stock mufflers. Wouldn't recommend it except as a bolt on for long trips (makes it super quiet down low).
I am yet to see or be in anyone's with dual cats. I only stuck one in cos I had to.
Tbh it was a bit trumpet-y with all straight throughs and a single cat though.
(sic)
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Car: MY06 3.0RB

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby chanham » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:01 pm

(sic) wrote:
chanham wrote:mate that sounds tits!


pretty big fan of the setup with stock muffs...when cruising around town is it loud?


ill be doing a similar setup, except with sti quads and 200 cel cats.

Cheers mate.
Have to say it's super laggy and restricted with the stock mufflers. Wouldn't recommend it except as a bolt on for long trips (makes it super quiet down low).
I am yet to see or be in anyone's with dual cats. I only stuck one in cos I had to.
Tbh it was a bit trumpet-y with all straight throughs and a single cat though.


Yeah ive done Ultrex mufflers with xforce catback for a year and couldn't do it anymore, wayyyy too loud and shit sounding down low hence the sit stock muffs. Just wanting quiet down low and loud when I give it the beans!!!

Most people on here have deleted the third cat and replaced the two so your setup is a bit different in that sense...sounds awesome though!

Great work and cheers for posting!
User avatar
chanham
formerly ciand06
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18831

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Unever » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Model: MY04 GT
Member: Unever
Notes: Custom 3" stainless exhaust, turbo back into high flow cat, splitting into 2 2.5" pipes into 2 redback oval mufflers with 3" single tips.
Car has MRT XC kit with a UEL headers. All work is by S&J and D&T exhaust in Adelaide. Also done before i bought the car so some of it might be wrong!
http://youtu.be/cPeVD5nKJbk
2004 Liberty GT Premium Pack, MRT XC Kit,VF34, EcUtek tune, whiteline anti lift kit and sway bars, tein s springs, Bilstien suspension, Sti strut brace.
Unever
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Car: 04 Liberty GT

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby TomTom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:57 pm

I've got some videos feel free to add them to the original post.

MY08 Liberty GT Tuned By Sti
Stock Exhaust with Sti Mufflers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsDcpexb3M

MY08 Liberty GT Tuned By Sti
Phat GT Dump Pipe
K2 Full dual center pipe
K2 Titanium Spec-Neo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYvPRqYIM1k
For sale - part out: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=26977
User avatar
TomTom
formerly TomTheBomb
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 am
Location: North Richmond, NSW
Car: MY08 Lib GT STI #167
Real name: Tom
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24291

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Scyance » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 pm

HKS ES Premium

* Model MY05 3.0R
* Member neilgero: Now owned by Scyance
http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... fddc5c.mp4
*UPDATED* 2.5" custom made mild steel, no hotdog, 3rd cat delete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklSOoPOJR4
Insert Sig Here
User avatar
Scyance
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Truganina, Vic
Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R
Real name: Brenton
Profile URL: www.showspec.com.au

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Manaz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 am

* Model MY09 GT Spec.B
* Member Manaz
* Notes VF52, 3" Invidia downpipe (with splitter), 3" TCP mid/Y-pipe, STI mufflers.
Last edited by Manaz on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Rome_BRZ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 am

Someone might want to take over this thread given I only pop into this forum sporadically now?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI
 
Posts: 4305
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Real name: Jerome
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 am

Rome_BRZ wrote:Someone might want to take over this thread given I only pop into this forum sporadically now?


The issue is giving someone else access to modify your original post.

For what it's worth, I put mine into the correct format now! :)
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Rome_BRZ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 am

Manaz wrote:
Rome_BRZ wrote:Someone might want to take over this thread given I only pop into this forum sporadically now?


The issue is giving someone else access to modify your original post.

For what it's worth, I put mine into the correct format now! :)


That's easily done, Ric can do it. Arith used to be the original post until it was swapped to me.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI
 
Posts: 4305
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Real name: Jerome
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby GOD12A » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Hey guys,

I was looking to TIG up a zorst for my '07 GT and while looking for suitable mufflers, came across this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160655669816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$430 for a 3" stainless cat back.
Anyone had any experience with these?
I'm only really interested in the muffler sound. If the pipes don't fit 100% I'm happy to modify. But I definitely don't want to replace mufflers if they're stupid loud.

Thanks guys,

Mark :)
GOD12A
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm
Location: Blaxland, NSW
Car: MY07 Liberty GT, R32 GTR, RX3

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby HardwareBoB » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:09 pm

GOD12A wrote:Hey guys,

I was looking to TIG up a zorst for my '07 GT and while looking for suitable mufflers, came across this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160655669816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$430 for a 3" stainless cat back.
Anyone had any experience with these?
I'm only really interested in the muffler sound. If the pipes don't fit 100% I'm happy to modify. But I definitely don't want to replace mufflers if they're stupid loud.

Thanks guys,

Mark :)

more than likely the same as mine for $500 delivered - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181538202596 ($10 difference delivered). By all accounts, you will need an additional 3" centre muffer so they don't sound ridiculous, I have bought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171521557592 to go in as well. Also grabbed a bung for my wideband o2 sensor, then taking it to my mechanic to weld in the center muffler and the bung, and fit the lot.

So the mufflers are loud, but hopefully not TOO loud. I should be able to tell you next week.
User avatar
HardwareBoB
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Real name: Matt
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 am

Rome_BRZ wrote:
Manaz wrote:
Rome_BRZ wrote:Someone might want to take over this thread given I only pop into this forum sporadically now?


The issue is giving someone else access to modify your original post.

For what it's worth, I put mine into the correct format now! :)


That's easily done, Ric can do it. Arith used to be the original post until it was swapped to me.


OK. I'd be happy to assist in that case.
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Curley5959 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Here is a quick video of my Gen 4 LIberty 3.0R Spec-B with Ultrex Performance Mufflers. Will take a better video soon, I hope :)

User avatar
Curley5959
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Sussex Inlet, NSW
Car: 07 Forester XT
Real name: Aaron
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27640

Re: Exhausts - Sound & Video Clips - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby shav » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:23 am

Curley5959 wrote:Here is a quick video of my Gen 4 LIberty 3.0R Spec-B with Ultrex Performance Mufflers. Will take a better video soon, I hope :)



Love it Aaron. Sounds awesome on the 3.0's. I have the exact same exhaust on my 2.5T and love the deep note. Although I will have to make a few adjustments for the exhaust to sit in further in the rear bar as they currently stick out a bit too far for my liking. The way yours are positioned now is spot on.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

PreviousNext

Return to Exhausts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests