Xforce Cat Delete

Exhaust modifications

Xforce Cat Delete

Postby PtPixel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am

I've got an Xforce 08+ WRX dump pipe waiting to be installed on my LGT but first I need a cat delete/test pipe to connect it to the mid pipe (cats aren't required in NZ). I've got a shop that can fabricate it for me but first I'll need the dimensions of the cat it'll be replacing.
Does anyone have accurate dimensions on the Xforce Cat/have one lying about they can measure for me?
Dimensions I need are:
  • Overall length from end of flange to end of flange
  • Angle offset of flange rotation (the DP flange sits on the horizontal while the mid pipe flange looks to be about 45degs anticlockwise rotated)

Any help is appreciated for these dimensions :) I've already emailed Xforce asking for them but no response yet.
PtPixel

Car: '08 LGT Spec B

Re: Xforce Cat Delete

Postby PoidaGT » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Can't a local exhaust shop rig up a jig and then replace the Cat with a 3 inch pipe?
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby PtPixel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 pm

PoidaGT wrote:Can't a local exhaust shop rig up a jig and then replace the Cat with a 3 inch pipe?

Nah I don't have the cat, I received the Dump Pipe a few days ago. Haven't really found any info so might be best just to have them put the DP on and get the dimensions from there.
PtPixel

Postby syphe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:58 am

you're probably better off getting a cat put in the car.
I've got a catless downpipe in at the moment, however got a cat on the way to have it installed before my next wof.
I think the rule is if the car was imported after 2008 then it's illegal to not have a cat converter on the car.
Might be different with a 08+ with UEL headers, but with mine it's quite tinny without a cat.
syphe

Car: 2003 Legacy GT Spec-B

Postby syphe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 am

Actually, I was curious about this and found this AA forum answer:
http://www.aa.co.nz/cars/ask-jack-forum ... /show/910/

so, you may be ok as long as the car was first registered before may 1 2010 (mine is july 2010).
syphe

Car: 2003 Legacy GT Spec-B

Postby PtPixel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah have done a few checks and it'll be fine without the cat. Suppose if I do end up not liking the sound I can fork out for the cat or get a resonator instead... I'm sure someone with a LGT or WRX with an Xforce will want the custom delete if I don't.
PtPixel

Return to Exhausts