Question for those with a 4 cyl NA xforce - bolting it on

Exhaust modifications

Question for those with a 4 cyl NA xforce - bolting it on

Postby circlethesky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I just spoke to someone over at best mufflers because the exhaust system for our car had been taken down.
The reason was because the last 2 people he sold it to had problems bolting it straight on, but apparently there hadn't been any issues before then so I'm guessing it might have something to do with the post facelift models having something slightly different.

Can anyone who has installed the xforce exhaust on an NA liberty confirm if they had any problems?

I would like to try and install it myself and want to make sure I won't have to get anything else before I try to fit it.

Thanks.
Last edited by circlethesky on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt - MY04 2.5i Liberty - SE Melbourne
circlethesky

Car: MY04 2.5i Liberty
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25229

Re: Question for those with an NA xforce - bolting it on

Postby HoFF » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 pm

My h6 centre and y pipe fitted straight up to my car with no issues what so ever
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Postby circlethesky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

HoFF wrote:My h6 centre and y pipe fitted straight up to my car with no issues what so ever

Sorry I should have clarified, I think it was only the 4 cyl models where some people were having issues.
circlethesky

Postby blkdog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 pm

circlethesky wrote:
HoFF wrote:My h6 centre and y pipe fitted straight up to my car with no issues what so ever

Sorry I should have clarified, I think it was only the 4 cyl models where some people were having issues.

Yep. You need a hoist and fair bit of muscle/sledge hammer/patience to fit the centre reso, as it foules by about 3-4mm. Mines a wagon pre face it was a bitch of a tight fit. Good system for the money though. Forget about trying to do it laying down.
Slow is the new fast... Not anymore!! Sort of...
blkdog

Car: MY08 3.0R Spec B - 6 M/T Wagon

Re: Re: Question for those with an NA xforce - bolting it on

Postby circlethesky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:12 pm

blkdog wrote:
circlethesky wrote:

Yep. You need a hoist and fair bit of muscle/sledge hammer/patience to fit the centre reso, as it foules by about 3-4mm. Mines a wagon pre face it was a bitch of a tight fit. Good system for the money though. Forget about trying to do it laying down.

Argh don't tell me that I was hoping the issues would have been with the facelift models!
circlethesky

Re: Question for those with a 4 cyl NA xforce - bolting it o

Postby blkdog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm

I had enough of it slamming into my forehead after a few hours of trying. Also the wagon is pretty low, so that didnt help. i used 600mm stands. Fitted the y and muffs my self in about 30 mins and took the centre & car to Daalder Exhausts

DANDENONG
1 Lonsdale Street,
Dandenong VIC 3175
Manager: Wayne

Cost me $60 and 15 mins! All good. They even struggled hah.

But... You might get lucky and it might fit straight in for you.

Good luck!
Slow is the new fast... Not anymore!! Sort of...
blkdog

Car: MY08 3.0R Spec B - 6 M/T Wagon

Postby circlethesky » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 pm

blkdog wrote:I had enough of it slamming into my forehead after a few hours of trying. Also the wagon is pretty low, so that didnt help. i used 600mm stands. Fitted the y and muffs my self in about 30 mins and took the centre & car to Daalder Exhausts

DANDENONG
1 Lonsdale Street,
Dandenong VIC 3175
Manager: Wayne

Cost me $60 and 15 mins! All good. They even struggled hah.

But... You might get lucky and it might fit straight in for you.

Good luck!

They are actually close to me so I will be going there if I come into trouble, thanks!
That got me thinking though, perhaps it's the wagon variant that is having the issues?
Could it be possible that if the wagon is longer the exhaust set up is a few mm different which is why some people are having a hard time getting it to bolt straight on?
circlethesky

Postby bm2234 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm

My mate was most likley one of those 2 people that had issues. I watched it get installed at best mufflers and there was no way it was going to fit with out the centre peice after the cat being cut and shortened.

Edit: The car is a post facelift 08 2.5i and the exhaust system was mild steel
bm2234

Car: MY05 2.5i - Sedan Black 5MT

Re: Re: Question for those with a 4 cyl NA xforce - bolting

Postby circlethesky » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:03 pm

bm2234 wrote:My mate was most likley one of those 2 people that had issues. I watched it get installed at best mufflers and there was no way it was going to fit with out the centre peice after the cat being cut and shortened.

Edit: The car is a post facelift 08 2.5i and the exhaust system was mild steel

Hmm it's really weird that the replies are so inconsistent. I don't understand how only some could go on easily.
Is your mates car a sedan or wagon?
circlethesky

Postby bm2234 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Its a sedan, the bloke at best mufflers said up until now he's never had a problem and then all of a sudden he had 2 cars in a row where it didnt line up correctly.

It's like they had the lengthe measurements mixed up with a different system like the H6

In saying that he didn't charge any more then the normal fitting cost to make the slight adjustment.
bm2234

Car: MY05 2.5i - Sedan Black 5MT

Re: Re: Question for those with a 4 cyl NA xforce - bolting

Postby circlethesky » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:40 pm

bm2234 wrote:Its a sedan, the bloke at best mufflers said up until now he's never had a problem and then all of a sudden he had 2 cars in a row where it didnt line up correctly.

It's like they had the lengthe measurements mixed up with a different system like the H6

In saying that he didn't charge any more then the normal fitting cost to make the slight adjustment.

Yeah that's what he said when I spoke to him, it doesn't make sense that the last 2 didn't line up correctly when he had sold 10 before then without dramas.
I live in Melbourne and I'm hoping to do it myself which is why I'm trying to figure out if it will fit or not before I order it.
Looks like I might have to take it to an exhaust shop if I can't figure it out.
circlethesky

Postby Phoenix » Fri May 03, 2013 8:07 am

hhahaha. I must have been one of the last 2!
He called me the other day, I got my exhaust about 2 months ago. But I had huge problems with it, but he was a sick guy and he fixed it all up for me for free. But he has now removed them because it's X-Forces fault for supplying the wrong parts for our cars. They needed to be custom made to fit properly. I have a 2008 Subaru Liberty 2.5 NA sedan.

Edit// My mate and I pulled out the whole exhaust on our own, and when we tried bolting it all back in with the X-Force one there was NOOOO Way it was going to go in at all. Best to get an exhaust shop to do it for you. After Best Mufflers fit it the first time it was banging and making a hell of a noise, so he had to customise it further to make it stop. Now I have some kind of Frankenstein centre pipe.
Phoenix

Car: White '08 Subaru Liberty Heritage NA
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20863

Return to Exhausts