x-force exhaust

Exhaust modifications

x-force exhaust

Postby seanography » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 pm

hey guys,

just wondering if any of yall have the H4 N/A Liberty cat back system 2008 model. I want to know the exact sound of how its going to hear on my car.

On the exhaust thread, I can only find libs that are 3.0! Unless the sound of 3.0 are the same as 2.5.

seanography

Car: MY09 Sports | Manual | DGR Coils |
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21632

Re: x-force exhaust

Postby circlethesky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Subscribing to this as I am in the same boat.
Most threads recommend the 2.25" xforce exhaust but I want to know exactly how it will sound on my car before I buy it.

I want to get my 2.5 NA sounding as close to this as possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhCzCtXsaA&list=PL0zd4Wu8W28adcBkiN2ugi19IKYONCwUQ&index=8
Last edited by circlethesky on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt - MY04 2.5i Liberty - SE Melbourne
circlethesky

Car: MY04 2.5i Liberty
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25229

Postby alessandro132 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:08 pm

You guys will have the classic boxer burble as you have unequal length headers. So basically it should sound very similar to that clip :mrgreen:
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby circlethesky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

alessandro132 wrote:You guys will have the classic boxer burble as you have unequal length headers. So basically it should sound very similar to that clip :mrgreen:

Does this include the pre facelifts? I always thought my car had equal length headers and planned on getting borla replicas, just did a quick search and couldn't find any solid information on it.

You might have just saved me $$ :o
circlethesky

Postby alessandro132 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure that all 2.5L N/A engines had unequal length headers - the only ones I know of that have equal length is the EJ20Y and the EZ30R motors :)

Having said that, whilst I think I'm 99% right on this it would be best to double check just in case I'm wrong!
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby LostyJai » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'm also looking to fit an XForce Exhaust and want to know the difference between a NA and Turbo Back exhaust?

I have a MY04 GT 2L Turbo, should I be fitting a NA or Turbo Back? Or no difference...?
LostyJai

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Premium

Postby circlethesky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 pm

LostyJai wrote:Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'm also looking to fit an XForce Exhaust and want to know the difference between a NA and Turbo Back exhaust?

I have a MY04 GT 2L Turbo, should I be fitting a NA or Turbo Back? Or no difference...?

I'm just taking a guess but perhaps the smaller pipes (2.25" compared to 3" ) would be more restrictive.
Feel free to correct me if I'm way off.
circlethesky

Postby Jesse.slaney » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 pm

I have a MY07 lib 2.5i and 2 months ago I put on the stainless steel xforce cat back system,
gives it a nice deep tone, when idling it is pre quiet and around streets on low revs it's not to loud either but when u give it some it has a nice sound with no rasp and is aggressive (lil bit of boxer rumble in there), LOOKS GREAT ALSO!!!
and there is no drone what so ever when cruising on highway or around town wish is a plus if your worried about that.

I got it off bestmufflers.com and got it installed at denstoj Newcastle. cost me $750 all up incl. installation.
off memory I think is was $450 for the mild steel and I got the stainless for $690

hope that helps, :)

PM me your number and I can forward u some photos if you like, and I can try take a sound clip too.
Jesse.slaney

Car: MY07 2.5i subaru liberty N/A

Postby circlethesky » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Jesse.slaney wrote:I have a MY07 lib 2.5i and 2 months ago I put on the stainless steel xforce cat back system,
gives it a nice deep tone, when idling it is pre quiet and around streets on low revs it's not to loud either but when u give it some it has a nice sound with no rasp and is aggressive (lil bit of boxer rumble in there), LOOKS GREAT ALSO!!!
and there is no drone what so ever when cruising on highway or around town wish is a plus if your worried about that.

I got it off bestmufflers.com and got it installed at denstoj Newcastle. cost me $750 all up incl. installation.
off memory I think is was $450 for the mild steel and I got the stainless for $690

hope that helps, :)

PM me your number and I can forward u some photos if you like, and I can try take a sound clip too.

Thanks Jesse, what you just described is exactly what I want.
I've been trying to decide between the mild steel and stainless steel but if the stainless sounds like you say it does I will be sold. Problem is whenever I look up youtube videos they sound different because of other mods so I don't know how deep the actual exhaust is.
Any pics would be greatly appreciated too, I'll PM you my number :)
circlethesky

Postby Jayraddd » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm getting the Xforce Mild-Steel Cat-back system installed next month. I'll try and do a before and after vid, I'm sure many others will have the same question as you.

I decided on the Mild-Steel due to people saying the SS can sound 'tinny' at times, and that the Mild-Steel will give off the slightly lower sound.
Even though SS last forever, Mild-Steel will also last a very long time, probably longer than the time you will own the car.

The mechanic that's doing my Flywheel conversion is also an Xforce dealer so I'm buying the system through him for $440 and the install labour is free because he'll fit it shile his doing the conversion. It's Russel at Subaru Evolution in Brissy.
-------------------- N/A's can have fun too ! ------------------
Jayraddd

Car: 2006 MY07 2.5i Liberty
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19848&p=280795#p280795

Return to Exhausts