Invidia downpipe owners

Exhaust modifications

Invidia downpipe owners

Postby Boost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi guys,

Before I take the plunge and order an Invidia downpipe for my 2004 liberty gt wagon auto. I wanted to get feedback from those who are using it now. I noticed from photos on google that there is only 1 O2 bung near the end of the pipe. Shouldn't there be another one near the bell mouth of the pipe ? Also I've read the divorce plate in the bell mouth fouls with the turbo outlet. Is this correct ?
Were there any complications during installation and how does it perform ?

Cheers
Steve
2004 Liberty GT Wagon Automatic
Boost

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Re: Invidia downpipe owners

Postby PoidaGT » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 pm

My recommendation is to stay well away from Invidia.

Not designed for Oz libs and they don't clear right hand drive steering columns.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby jacks-GTB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am

Boost wrote:Hi guys,

Before I take the plunge and order an Invidia downpipe for my 2004 liberty gt wagon auto. I wanted to get feedback from those who are using it now. I noticed from photos on google that there is only 1 O2 bung near the end of the pipe. Shouldn't there be another one near the bell mouth of the pipe ? Also I've read the divorce plate in the bell mouth fouls with the turbo outlet. Is this correct ?
Were there any complications during installation and how does it perform ?

Cheers
Steve

It will not fit your car because your 2.0ltr has a twin scroll turbo setup.
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby PoidaGT » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:21 am

AVO do a dump pipe for the 04 twin scroll turbos.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby Boost » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm

They sure do Peter. Just received it. A couple of things. Firstly its missing the adapter flange to connect the down pipe to the original mid section. The downpipe is a lot larger diameter than the original mid-section. Secondly the casted mouth looks really rough and industrial and the automatic versions don't come with the divider :(
Avo will send me the adaptor. Hopefully ill get it before the weekend and get it fitted.
I hope it makes a noticeable difference as everyone keeps saying.
Boost

Postby PoidaGT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Boost wrote:They sure do Peter. Just received it. A couple of things. Firstly its missing the adapter flange to connect the down pipe to the original mid section. The downpipe is a lot larger diameter than the original mid-section. Secondly the casted mouth looks really rough and industrial and the automatic versions don't come with the divider :(
Avo will send me the adaptor. Hopefully ill get it before the weekend and get it fitted.

A downpipe and tune together are by far the best bang for your buck power upgrades you can do.
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby Boost » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 pm

PoidaGT wrote:
Boost wrote:They sure do Peter. Just received it. A couple of things. Firstly its missing the adapter flange to connect the down pipe to the original mid section. The downpipe is a lot larger diameter than the original mid-section. Secondly the casted mouth looks really rough and industrial and the automatic versions don't come with the divider :(

A downpipe and tune together are by far the best bang for your buck power upgrades you can do.

I won't have the finances to do the tune just yet. Will it be beneficial to upgrade the mid pipe to something larger or will it not make a significant difference ?
I plan on keeping the stock muffler as i like it quiet. Will the performance be noticeable with just the downpipe with no tune ?
Boost

Postby PoidaGT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes, you will definitely notice the turbo kicking in a lot earlier and just more torque across the rev range.
It might be worth getting a centre & y pipe before the tune to save you the cost of retuning etc.
Just don't leave the tune too long as the engine will run rich and could ultimately damage your engine.
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby Boost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am

What's a reasonably priced center/y pipe brand ?
How much does tuning cost and who's best to do it ?
Boost

Postby PoidaGT » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Boost wrote:What's a reasonably priced center/y pipe brand ?

Steve, which city are you based?
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby Boost » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:49 am

PoidaGT wrote:
Boost wrote:What's a reasonably priced center/y pipe brand ?

Steve, which city are you based?

Sydney mate
Boost

Postby oldmate » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:02 pm

How'd you go mate? You get it fitted? Going to get a dump pipe myself, thinking either a phat one 2nd hand if i can find one, or a Perrin.
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Car: MY05 2.0T Liberty GT Wagon

Postby codylibertysti241 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Just so you guys know, PSR now has aus spec invidia dump pipes to fit single scroll
Wherever you are that's where you'll be
codylibertysti241

Car: my06 liberty wagon tuned by STI
Profile URL: You know the best thing about a V8? Nothing

Postby T-REXX » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Hey Guys

for the last 12 mths we have been working with Invidia on the new Down Pipe for the Australian Market.

ITs a totally different design
ITs proven to give more power over the older USA Spec one.
and Its EXCLUSIVE TO the Australian Market...

Here are some photos of the TEST one we got about 4 mths ago
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 195&type=3

Here is the 3D Drawings of the Down pipe
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 195&type=3

The Green 3 D is the old one
the RED DOT is the Steering Knuckle and shows how far away it is from the Down Pipe

Overall these are A PERFECT FIT, No modifications needed and we have them in stock to suit BOTH MANUAL and AUTO
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby oldmate » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Will these be available to fit the twin scroll on the 05gt?
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Car: MY05 2.0T Liberty GT Wagon

Next

Return to Exhausts