X-Force turbo back exhaust - Gen 5

Exhaust modifications

X-Force turbo back exhaust - Gen 5

Postby Camo66 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi all,

just picked up this exhaust for my Gen 5 Liberty GT. It's made by x-force and looks great. They have even finished off the inside of the pipes really well. All I need now is to get it fitted and then getting the KiDo tune :D

Kev

Camo66

Car: MY10 GT Liberty

Re: X-Force turbo back exhaust - Gen 5

Postby pips06 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Interested to hear how it sounds. How much, if you dont mind me asking.

Ben.
K2 | DAMD | Brembo | STI | HKS | Rays Homura | KiDo | Tein | Corazon | Valenti | Crystal Eye
pips06

Car: Gen V SWP Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16415

Postby Camo66 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 pm

pips06 wrote:Interested to hear how it sounds. How much, if you don't mind me asking.
Ben.

So am I, hopefully be fitted in the next couple of days. Cost was $1295 supplied, so the x-force outlets are obviously charging $500 just to fit the bastard which I think is a ripoff.

Kev
Camo66

Postby Camo66 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm

The new exhaust was fitted the other day and I must say I am very happy with it.

When the car was first started I thought it was a bit quite, as I was expecting to sound like all the sporty WRX's I hear running around. Didn't even have the usual boxer sound.

After driving it for a few days now, I am really happy with the sound and my wife still says she hears me coming (no jokes) before I get into our short street, so maybe louder than I realise.

And it made a big difference to the way the turbo spooled up, was definitely more responsive.

Now I just got back from having Matt of KiDo racing tune the car and OMG. I'm not trying to say it is the fastest car on the road, but for the heavier Liberty she is a little rocket ship and I couldn't be happier.

The only issue with the exhaust was that two of the adjoining flanges were of different types (see photo). X-Force was contacted and said that this was normal as one of the sections with for dual purposes. They said to bolt it together and if it leaked they would warrant it still. Anyway, no leak yet.

I had quotes up to $2800 for a full stainless exhaust, but I managed to get this on the car for a total of $1550, so a big saving there. Cheaper if you wanted to fit it yourself.

Haven't made a sound clip yet and I have to get tips fitted before showing the world.

Kev

Camo66

Postby shav » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm

that's a great review of this exhaust system.

Can I ask where you bought the system from? PM me if you need to.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Camo66 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Bought the exhaust from here (see link below) and I'm sure your local x-force outlet would be able to get it for you.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?cPath=119_346_484&products_id=4706&osCsid=468c5a639c6304f5fad011cc2eaf23d2

Kev
Camo66

Postby Gen5is » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Nice exhausts, If you want the boxer burble, you'll need a un equal length headers.

Is there an N/A variant? Also, does it hang lower or bend sharper than the OEM exhausts?.. like around the rear diff..
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby dubbwah » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 am

that Looks Sic ! , I almost bought X Force Cat-Back fitted for $950....
Anyway, was looking at that best mufflers site, i'd rather wait for $1295.00
I have someone local who could fit it, I don't think I'd attempt it myself :lol:
otherwise thru a local exhaust place for$1650 (turbo back)
Its good to shop around, cant wait to hear sound clips!!
Last edited by dubbwah on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY10 Liberty GT Wagon
dubbwah

Car: MY10 - Liberty GT Wagon

Postby rednose » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Does this system bolt up to the factory rear mufflers?
rednose

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0

Postby Scooby2 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 pm

I have the same system on my Gen V as well... Good price - I think I paid slightly more with fitting here in Canberra. I do miss the boxer burble due to the equal length headers on the Gen V, but I'll live. With my car being low I already took out the rear muffler piece once on a school's speed hump - which turned out a blessing in disguise. The original exhaust was a fair bit "droney" to my ears - was still quite new (p-lus having had the boxer burble '06 Foz XT before), but with the different low-profile rear resonator my local guys put in it is sharper in sound, although really deep and judging by the way heads turn around when I'm driving, it must be loud enough. My tune from KiDo is coming soon too - and I can't wait... Good Job :)
2011 Gen5 Liberty GT (auto), STi front lip and trunk spoiler, Sports mesh grille, lowered and improved handling (more to come), Full X-Force 3" exhaust, King alloys - KiDo (Matt) Tune, Imported DRLs, Corazon Big Scoop - and loving it!! Hmmm, May need a bigger Turbo next :)
Scooby2

Car: 2011 Liberty GT, 1975 Porsche 911S

Postby garthos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Gen5is wrote:Nice exhausts, If you want the boxer burble, you'll need a un equal length headers.

Does anyone know if unequal length headers are readily available for the Gen5's?

I have a MY10 GT Wagon on its way and have been wanting the boxer burble for so long now I'd be gutted if it wasnt possible....
garthos
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Postby Gen5is » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 am

garthos wrote:
Gen5is wrote:Nice exhausts, If you want the boxer burble, you'll need a un equal length headers.

Does anyone know if unequal length headers are readily available for the Gen5's?

I have a MY10 GT Wagon on its way and have been wanting the boxer burble for so long now I'd be gutted if it wasnt possible....

Well if you can get a response from this Youtube user you could probably find out how. He did comment that they used Impreza UEL headers, dont know if its customized to fit or direct bolt on.

Gen5is wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1sSSd8ig9Y

The Legacy/Liberty you see in the video is most likely a Non turbo, Automatic, 2.5i.
Would anyone have any idea what year model impreza UEL headers they would have used to get that boxer rumble?
Gen5is

Postby Scooby2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 am

Gen5is wrote:Nice exhausts, If you want the boxer burble, you'll need a un equal length headers...

Would the use of UEL headers instead of Equal Length restrict the improvement in power that the Gen V's have over previous models in any form? I do miss the Boxer burble that I had with my Foz XT, but don't want to run the risk of losing any of the 195kw power in standard form to get it back...

I'm interested in reading "informed" responses on this. Thanks... If the use of UEL doesn't restrict power output (KiDo tune pending), advice as to what model UEL to grab would be excellent.

Cheers....
2011 Gen5 Liberty GT (auto), STi front lip and trunk spoiler, Sports mesh grille, lowered and improved handling (more to come), Full X-Force 3" exhaust, King alloys - KiDo (Matt) Tune, Imported DRLs, Corazon Big Scoop - and loving it!! Hmmm, May need a bigger Turbo next :)
Scooby2

Car: 2011 Liberty GT, 1975 Porsche 911S

Postby Gen5is » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 am

Scooby2 wrote:
Gen5is wrote:Nice exhausts, If you want the boxer burble, you'll need a un equal length headers...

Would the use of UEL headers instead of Equal Length restrict the improvement in power that the Gen V's have over previous models in any form? I do miss the Boxer burble that I had with my Foz XT, but don't want to run the risk of losing any of the 195kw power in standard form to get it back...

I'm interested in reading "informed" responses on this. Thanks... If the use of UEL doesn't restrict power output (KiDo tune pending), advice as to what model UEL to grab would be excellent.

Cheers....

Well i've asked the guys over at LGT and the youtube user of the video i posted up, hopefully one or the other could shed some light on the mysterious UEL headers haha.
Gen5is

Postby garthos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm very interested in this topic :)

When I asked the guys at Hi-Tech if they could do a full turbo back with system with quads including UEL headers they came back with:

'We do offer a Turbo-Back Exhaust for your MY10 GT but it comes with single tailpipes on each side. We may be able to modify your rear apron to accommodate Quad tips but we would need to firstly sight your car and, if possible, enlarge the original cut-outs.
As for extractors, we do not offer any for your car. The costs involved to custom-make a set for you will far outweigh any benefit you may see.'

I have since spoke to Phat and plan to head out to Garage88 sometime in the next few weeks, for a chat and a browse... I have a quite a list of mods but the exhaust is currently at the top of the list :)
garthos
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Next

Return to Exhausts