High end exhaust??

Exhaust modifications

Re: High end exhaust??

Postby tangcla » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

I have a TCP exhaust for my S4. It didn't sit right, the brace is crooked and there was some bending of pipe to get both exhaust tips to be the same length. But it was still cheaper than buying the non-rep version, even with labour involved. But, your mileage may vary!

I'm of the opinion that there are only a few 'original' 'high-end' exhausts out there for any given car - even the much-worshipped PHAT dump pipe is based off another design, and modified to suit.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby SH30RB » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm

tangcla wrote:It didn't sit right, the brace is crooked and there was some bending of pipe to get both exhaust tips to be the same length. But it was still cheaper than buying the non-rep version, even with labour involved.

just out of curiosity clarence, how much (rough-ball-park figure) was it to get the pipes 're bent' to get the tips to sit just right? there is something wrong with my xforce system causing one muffler to sit lower then the other and its bugging me to hell and back!
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby 1dua566 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Had this exhaust for over 3 months now, overall i found you get what you pay for but for that price you cant really complain. Havent really noticed any drone or anything and cruising at 110 its hardly louder than the stock exhaust with sti quads. The left muffler didnt really sit properly due to the y pipe not being bent properly but lucky for me my brother is a boilermaker so he fixed it for me within half an hour. Would definatly recommend it if your looking for a cheap cat back, it sounds awesome.
1dua566

Car: Liberty GT 5MT MY05

Previous

Return to Exhausts