Headers....????

Exhaust modifications

Headers....????

Postby jacks-GTB » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey fella's,

I need some help, I want to get some unequal length headers with up pipe, but I'm not sure what brand to get, and also does one size fit all..?? I know you have to a different one for the twin scroll turbos.!

Let us know...! :D :D
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Re: Headers....????

Postby [ITS-STI] » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:Hey fella's,

I need some help, I want to get some unequal length headers with up pipe, but I'm not sure what brand to get, and also does one size fit all..?? I know you have to a different one for the twin scroll turbos.!

Let us know...! :D :D

Does anyone have useful information on headers and up pipe modifications for a 2.5? I have done some research on my own and come up with two brands... Tomei which cost $1,000.00 + or Kando which cost $500.00... I want headers purely for that slight increase in mid range kick and to get rid of that Bankstown/Punchbowl WRX sound... Don't get me wrong i still love it but after 8 years of Subaru you kind of get over it... Now you might also have to loose the oil pan underneath your car... So any sort of help on this would be much appreciated as i am also interested in doing this pretty much as soon as possible... Cheers, Nick
Mahtava: "I have just redefined low ball offers..." chaotic2050: "You can't redefine [ITS-STI]..."
[ITS-STI]

Car: Liberty GT Spec B. Tuned By STi

Headers....????

Postby Gambit » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Highly recommend the kando equal or unequal length headers. Bang for buck they are awesome. I have had no issues with mine, as I have the equal length single scroll version there is no boxer rumble but they produce more power in the top end whilst the unequal versions produce more mid range power. There is an r&d article by tomei that documents this. Kando also do twin scroll version of these headers to btw.
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Re: Headers....????

Postby lozza » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 pm

+1 for equal length headers....sound awesome :assassin:
TEAM BLACK slightly modified

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9232&start=0
lozza

Car: 07LibGTBtbSTI

Return to Exhausts