Any one seen or used these?

Exhaust modifications

Any one seen or used these?

Postby Dropz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Hey just found some tips on eBay I'm keen on getting, just wondering if anyone's seen, or used them before and has any input into quality, and sound level. Also do you think quad 3.5inch tips is overkill (I kinda think it is, but they look sooooo good!)

Item in question:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Tw ... 3cb8b8886f
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Re: Any one seen or used these?

Postby garbo41610 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Have seen these advertised on eBay before. I haven't purchased a set but I would imagine just like anything car related, exhaust, intercooler, audio, you really get what you pay for. If you go into the purchase not expecting much from them, you'll either be pleasantly surprised or won't lose too much sleep if they are no good. You'll probably have to mod the rear bumper a bit to make them fit, from memory the "cut out" on the rear bumper isn't huge. I could be wrong though.

At a guess I would think they would sound a bit tinny and then get annoyingly droney on the highway.

But, that's just my opinion. I don't think many people would have tried them out.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby Dropz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah they sound pretty cheap, I just thought they looked tough, lol.

The biggest thing stopping me is, my mate has twin 4inch tips on his skyline, and I think they look ridiculously big, so with quad 3.5s I'm thinking that'd look even worse, and I'm unable to find twin carbon fibre ones in a smaller size (so far).
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby tkboi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 pm

imo that would be pretty loud man since its got no muffler body, saying that you would need to get some hotdogs or you know.. JUST GOT STRAIGHT PIPES WOOOT but yea as above stated im pretty sure they wont fit the cut out where our mufflers sit
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby subnub » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Ignoring the obvious questions around quality, sound etc, quad 3.5" tips would be ghey with aids.

HTH
subnub

Car: MY08 GT-B tb STi sedan 6MT

Return to Exhausts