new mufflers - 3in magnaflow quads :D

Exhaust modifications

new mufflers - 3in magnaflow quads :D

Postby bates91 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 pm

pics first, then story :)

bought these off jaydece recently. he took them off his car as they were too loud for him (running with a phat DP + Xforce catback), but i had a feeling they would be ok bolted on to a stock 3.0 system. plus i always wanted the massive quad tips :D
specs - magnaflow 14815 mufflers, 3 inch tips even though they measure slightly under...meh

took them to hitech as i needed hangers and connecting pipe made up. dropped off the car, got a call half an hour later "um they wont fit, we're not going to put them on"...pretty much too close for comfort, melted bumper was a certainty they said. and they just wanted to sell me hitech liberty mufflers anyway, so it was never a "oh lets find a solution to this problem"

FYI anyone who's interested, hitech have a second hand set of their quads hanging around, supposedly havnt been used for that long (cant remember exactly). they said i could have them for 700-ish. politely declined the offer haha.

went to fastech mufflers in Leichhardt to get them fitted today, told them to just cut a bit of the bumper surrounds to give the mufflers enough space so that they wouldnt burn the bumper. they did the job easily, no complaints.

sound-wise ill try get a video put up in the next couple of days

if anyone in sydney really wants to hear them in person (as video sound doesnt always exhausts justice) im happy to meet up + show you
bates91
-stickered-

Car: BMW 135i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799

Re: new mufflers - 3in magnaflow quads :D

Postby jimbo » Thu May 19, 2011 3:36 pm

First off it looks great!

I had the same issue with mine. When I upgraded to 2.5 inch quads I just had pulse racing cut out the black plastic surround where the mufflers are and they fit nice and snug. Unless you really get down and have a good look you wouldn't know.
Blue Holden SS-V ute.....stock for now
jimbo

Car: VE SS-V Ute

Postby garbo41610 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Looks freaking awesome man. Well done!
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby Dropz » Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Quad 3 inch sounds big (for me), but DAYMN! They look good.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby jaydece » Thu May 19, 2011 7:22 pm

It is beyond me how the fark they turned out to look FARKEN AWESOME on your car compared to when it was fitted to mine? must of been destiny? :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm farken proud of you mate! the look BLOODY GREAT! it was worth all the effort AND WAIT huh?

I'm jealous! great work to the guys that fitted it on...must sound good too? please upload video soon! :D

Just remember theres JZN.TME DNA in those mufflers, it will make your car go faster aswell....ehehehehehe

enjoi them ed! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! 8)
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby hamish_023 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

jaydece wrote:It is beyond me how the fark they turned out to look FARKEN AWESOME on your car compared to when it was fitted to mine? must of been destiny? :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm farken proud of you mate! the look BLOODY GREAT! it was worth all the effort AND WAIT huh?

I'm jealous! great work to the guys that fitted it on...must sound good too? please upload video soon! :D

Just remember theres JZN.TME DNA in those mufflers, it will make your car go faster aswell....ehehehehehe

I wonder if the cutout for the prefacelift's are larger? Suits the car and looks great!
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby bates91 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm

thanks for the compliments guys. i love them, dont think ill be taking them off anytime soon :)
was inspired by these, and C63 AMG rear end as well

hamish - the cutout for prefacelift isnt larger at all, had to get a bit of the bumper cut out so theyd fit comfortably.

as for sound - at idle theyre fairly subdued. cruising along theres no drone at all. fairly quiet from inside the car. foot down you can definitely hear it though. do not want to see my fuel consumption for the next week or two :( heheh

jaydece wrote:

i have a feeling that because theyre such an open high-flowing muffler design that i might have gained a few extra kw, + more throttle responsiveness :)
bates91
-stickered-

Postby smythie » Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 am

yeah, my fuel consumption went up after fitting the cans on mine. Hasn't come down noticeably in the couple of years they have been on. Both of us enjoy the sound too much to just baby it :lol:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby jimbo » Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 am

hamish_023 wrote:
jaydece wrote:It is beyond me how the fark they turned out to look FARKEN AWESOME on your car compared to when it was fitted to mine? must of been destiny? :lol: :mrgreen:

I wonder if the cutout for the prefacelift's are larger? Suits the car and looks great!

I've looked at both the pre and post facelifts and the size of the citouts are the same it's the moulding behind the cutouts that differ. On the prefacelift the plastic actually tapers in towards the muffler which is why the plastic has to be cut away. From looking at a postfacepift it seems they've removed the taper and just have the opening now
Blue Holden SS-V ute.....stock for now
jimbo

Car: VE SS-V Ute

Postby jaydece » Sun May 29, 2011 1:44 pm

ed? any chance for some video clips on the magnaflows on your car? :D
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby bates91 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:36 pm

jaydece wrote:ed? any chance for some video clips on the magnaflows on your car? :D

its on my to-do list :)
bates91
-stickered-

Postby teK-- » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Looks fantastic Edward! Much more aggressive than the Phat quads which I have. Yours also sit much more centered as well. Do you notice if they drift sideways a bit as the Y-pipe heats up? (Mine become centered once exhaust is hot).
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Gambit » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 pm

agreed very nice looking, my magnaflow quads look ghetto in comparison hahaha :)
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Return to Exhausts