Been given the go ahead

Exhaust modifications

Been given the go ahead

Postby garbo41610 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 am

Hi all,

The mrs and I were taking the dog for a walk yesterday, anyways, a Lexus ISF drove past and she says:

"That sounds nice, why doesn't our car sound like that"
To which I reply "I can make it sound like that if you want".
Her "I think it needs something, you can hear it sucking in air."

So now I have been given the go ahead, what options do I have for my Gen 5 wagon??? I am thinking changing the mufflers first, or perhaps Y-pipe and mufflers.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Re: Been given the go ahead

Postby moggy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Contact Phat GT on forumparts@gmail.com for any advice on Gen V upgrades, especially exhausts. :wink:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT

Postby Gambit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Nice one, check out magnaflows they are really nice, quality sound.
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby garbo41610 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

moggy wrote:Contact Phat GT on forumparts@gmail.com for any advice on Gen V upgrades, especially exhausts. :wink:

8) Bob.

Yeah emailed PHAT after I posted the thread. Will see what options he comes back with.

Will look into Magnaflows, is there anywhere locally I can source them? I wouldn't mind getting them on when I get the car serviced.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby senator » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:55 pm

sell your left nut and get the Tommy cat back,

Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Return to Exhausts