Lukey Muffler

Exhaust modifications

Lukey Muffler

Postby -Enflix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

hey guys, just asking for your expertise once again.
I've been looking at mufflers for my 98 Bilstein, basically just wanting to change the exhaust note, rather than seeking any performance. Ive found a Lukey muffler which I like the look of, so im asking;
Is it better to buy the part outright and find someone to install it? (welding is a bit above my knowledge level)
Do you guys know of anyone specifically in the Sydney area who've done a good job on your car?
Is it worth saving the extra money for a catback system, if all I want to do is change the note?
Anyway, any advice/help/expertise would be greatly appreciated :)
cheers.
'98 Bilstein.
-Enflix

Car: '98 Liberty Bilstein Edition.

Re: Lukey Muffler

Postby Arith » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

How much extra noise did you want to introduce? A catback system, although will give a bit better boost in performance than just mufflers only, will give a bit more noise as well. Not always. I guess if you add enough hotdogs or maybe even a mini-mufler, it may quieten it down, but it won't be as quiet as mufflers only. If you're after note only, stick with just mufflers. Don't worry. If you want a catback system later down the line, you can easily custom fit it to these new mufflers without issue.

If you're after Lukey mufflers, yes, you're better off buying it from where ever you're getting it from and having a local place fit it for you. For the Sydney area, my recommendation would be Liverpool Exhaust. They have done Libertys from this forum and everyone that I've talked to are happy with them. They can customise a setup for you, even if you bring your own mufflers. Otherwise you can go there and check out what they have on hand first. You may save a bit of money. I'm sure others will chime in with better advice but that's just my 2 cents. Good luck!

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Shiv » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Depends on the type of note you want. If you want to unlock that nice boxer burble like a WRX, then the exhaust is only part of what you'll be needing. Uneven length headers will give you that, and obviously you'll be wanting to replace the exhaust with a nice cat back system whilst your at it.
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Postby -Enflix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks guys for your help.
The thing is, i dont want it to be obscenely loud, because im still on my Red P's in NSW, hence trying to avoid the cannon/rice burner sound.
I just want a nice smooth sound, nothing too over the top.
Also, ive been wondering, is there any difference in sound between the 2.0 and the 2.5? I've been trying to find some videos on youtube, but no luck so far.
'98 Bilstein.
-Enflix

Car: '98 Liberty Bilstein Edition.

Return to Exhausts