Active X

Exhaust modifications

Active X

Postby sean567 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi all new to the forum. I am looking at having an exhaust installed in my '05 liberety GT. At this point in time i am thinking about a 3" Invidia Q300 Quad Tip Catback Exhaust for 05-09 Legacy GT/Spec B. I want it to be a quiet when i am not thrashing it around. Mainly when i drive into work, i cant have it loud driving into my workplace. I have heard about and read about an Active exhaust made by Hyperflow its expensive but seems to do exactly what i would want it to do. Here is a link to the one i found...]http://www.hyperflow.com.au/index.php?widget=products&section=-active-exhaust-system-aes&id=hyaes-30ks3

Has anyone had/ used this before? Or know of any other parts that are similar made by different companies? Anyone seen it cheaper anywhere else? I am also having alot of trouble sourcing the invidia exhaust in Australia as i was reading on a few threds today that some of the Legacy exhaust people have had trouble bolting them up.
Appreciate any help
Dark Blue 05 Liberty GT- Hyperflow top mount intercooler, Hyperflow CAI, Ecutek retune, Whiteline front strut brace and Whiteline front and rear sway bars.
sean567

Car: Liberty GT '05

Re: Active X

Postby GT_Tony » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Varex system? similar concept, but you can adjust with a remote
*** Team Tony *** 555 ***
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby sean567 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks for that i just had a look at it it seems pretty good. the only problem i have is that i dont want dual cannons i am trying to find a quad tip exhaust. I think the quads look much better. It seems like a great system thou having some where for exhaust gasses to go when closed is something i didnt think about with the Hyperflow.
Dark Blue 05 Liberty GT- Hyperflow top mount intercooler, Hyperflow CAI, Ecutek retune, Whiteline front strut brace and Whiteline front and rear sway bars.
sean567

Postby GT_Tony » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 pm

the tips might be a little wide for the liberty's rear bar
*** Team Tony *** 555 ***
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby sean567 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I didnt see them on their website they look wicked. any idea of cost? they do look wide for the liberty rear bar though.
sean567

Return to Exhausts