EOI : Phat Quads / Dump Pipes.

Exhaust modifications

Re: EOI : Phat Quads / Dump Pipes.

Postby Hotwire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 am

Legalis R is the nicer looking system, and slightly louder than stock, but as you can see, flow isn't really improved that much:
translated link & Photo
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby Robbks » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

I e-mailed Michael directly expressing my interest in a set of muffs a week or two ago (had not seen this thread)
and i'm happy to pay a deposit, etc if that's what is required for him to embark on making another batch.

yes, something like the supercat/ magnaflow mufflers would be a much nicer looking option i think
but i'd just go for mild steel with S/S tips personally, that way the mufflers are black and only the tips are seen
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby moggy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:05 pm

When I had my Phat muffs I didn't like all the stainless you could see from the back so I bought a tin of hi-temp paint and painted the bodies of the muffs. After that they looked good as all you could see from the back was the stainless tips. Last weekend Mike fitted a Fujitsubo Legalis R cat back system to my GT-b and the improvement was dramatic! Because I have a Phat dump fitted the exhaust is now 3" all the way from the turbo to the muffs, spool up is now much smoother and with no hesitation at all. Noise wise it's slightly louder when cruising with a deep growl when you give it some welly! Inside the car with all the windows up it's remarkably quiet which I was very surprised about. Overall I'm one happy camper. :lol:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT

Postby Gambit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm

moggy wrote:When I had my Phat muffs I didn't like all the stainless you could see from the back so I bought a tin of hi-temp paint and painted the bodies of the muffs. After that they looked good as all you could see from the back was the stainless tips. Last weekend Mike fitted a Fujitsubo Legalis R cat back system to my GT-b and the improvement was dramatic! Because I have a Phat dump fitted the exhaust is now 3" all the way from the turbo to the muffs, spool up is now much smoother and with no hesitation at all. Noise wise it's slightly louder when cruising with a deep growl when you give it some welly! Inside the car with all the windows up it's remarkably quiet which I was very surprised about. Overall I'm one happy camper. :lol:

8) Bob.

picture and videos or it didn't happen!
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby hamish_023 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 pm

moggy wrote:When I had my Phat muffs I didn't like all the stainless you could see from the back so I bought a tin of hi-temp paint and painted the bodies of the muffs. After that they looked good as all you could see from the back was the stainless tips. Last weekend Mike fitted a Fujitsubo Legalis R cat back system to my GT-b and the improvement was dramatic! Because I have a Phat dump fitted the exhaust is now 3" all the way from the turbo to the muffs, spool up is now much smoother and with no hesitation at all. Noise wise it's slightly louder when cruising with a deep growl when you give it some welly! Inside the car with all the windows up it's remarkably quiet which I was very surprised about. Overall I'm one happy camper. :lol:

8) Bob.

So you replaced the phat quads with Fujitsubo catback (inc mufflers )or just replaced the stock piping?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby moggy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Full system, as I had the stock center pipe I figured that was a bottle neck so from the dump it's Fujitsubo all the way.... :D

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Postby smythie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 pm

yeah, all most likely in the centre pipe moggy. I very much doubt the quads were providing any back pressure.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby moggy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

smythie wrote:yeah, all most likely in the centre pipe moggy. I very much doubt the quads were providing any back pressure.

I thought that was the idea...no back pressure in the system? :?

8) Bob.

moggy

Postby Roddez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 pm

moggy wrote:When I had my Phat muffs I didn't like all the stainless you could see from the back so I bought a tin of hi-temp paint and painted the bodies of the muffs.

Ugh, don't I know it. But it's amazing what Acetone will do. ;)
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Postby moggy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Not to mention what the fumes will do too....... :lol:

8) Bob.

moggy

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 am

Any updates on the quads? :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:55 am

No, so that means Michael is probably still waiting on the new muffler type to arrive so he can redesign it all or whatever.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Juderson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm

is this EOI still up?

if so, put me down for the dump pipes. :D

pm me when you need the deposit.

cheers
Juderson

Car: subaru liberty GT spec B

Postby Kekotic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

There is no Group Buy thing for dump pipes, PHAT just suggested I also post that dump pipes are available at any time.

Send him an email forumparts@gmail.com or give him a call, if you don't have his number PM me yours and I can get him to call you.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Previous

Return to Exhausts