EOI : Phat Quads / Dump Pipes.

Exhaust modifications

Re: EOI : Phat Quads / Dump Pipes.

Postby Kimos » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 pm

depending on time frame I would love to grab a set of the quads, if it's a few months away :)
MY05 2.5i Sedan (Team Black)
Kimos

Car: MY05 2.5i Sedan (Team Black)

Postby Kekotic » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:43 am

Putting on my serious face for a minute.

If you are dead on serious about getting quad mufflers+/Dump pipe, send an email off to forumparts@gmail.com - And I mean dead serious willing to fork out money if PHAT ever just dropped a price post on the forum for it all.

If you are posting in this thread because you think you could potentially consider contemplating perhaps sometime maybe purchasing a set if they actually became available, please stop wasting time in posting here.
Out of all the people who said they wanted dump pipes, only a couple have actually done so, leaving PHAT to wonder how many are actually legitimate in wanting to PAY for these items. I hope you all realise PHAT has to physically make these parts himself, if you're going to waste his time, don't expect him to do us a favour in making a new batch of mufflers.

If you ever want PHAT to make something, don't post your pipe dreams in EOI threads, because you might not just ruin it for yourself but you may also ruin it for others who are willing to pay.

We are lucky to have someone like PHAT on these forums, so please consider how much of his time he gives up in helping us all out, before you start wasting his time.

As a reference I will use my recent EOI thread on the STi lip badges that I got PHAT to organise, which he was kind enough to do so. He wasn't making any money off this, as the badges themselves are already dirt cheap. I counted around 11-12 people who posted that they wanted an STi lip badge, PHAT ordered 10 of them and only 5 ended up selling. If you guys pull your head out for just 5 minutes you might realise he's trying to run a business and make a living, and pulling shit like that by saying you will buy something then pulling out after PHAT has purchased the items for us, is really not fair on those of us who are genuine in wanting to get these kinds of purchases going, and it's especially unfair on PHAT.

I'm just posting this of my own accord and am not posting at all with the consent/ on PHAT's behalf, and am merely just trying to get the attention of some people from this thread regarding the Quad/DP EOI, as when PHAT offhandedly joked to me that only 5 people actually bought the badges of the 10+ who said they would purchase STi lip badges, I was pretty annoyed, considering I was the one who was trying to organise it and convinced PHAT to help us out.

TL;DR - If you actually want this to go ahead you better have the money available to make a deposit on it, and send an email to phat telling him just how serious you actually are.

/end rant.
Last edited by Kekotic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Arith » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:53 am

Heh-heh, the pains of group buys eh Kieran? Lot of people out there who post up 'I'd be interested ... depending on price'. You know those people are too cheap to commit and can ignore those posts immediately. Then you have the people who whinge 'Aww, I wish I could afford this if this was posted last month before I had to pay my taxes/bills/debts'. So basically they're posting that they're NOT buying. That's great. LOL! :D

But take it from me, make all buyers who are truly serious put down a $500 deposit. If things go ahead, that's great. They pay the difference when the products are ready. If Phat never makes them, just refund their money. Case and point, the dump pipes for MY04-MY06. Plenty of people raising their hand when I put out an EOI (10+). Then when it came time to put a deposit to secure Phat to produce, only 2 people were willing to pay.

So once you enter the deposit stage, you will get your true numbers.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:55 am

Keen, happy to pay a deposit. :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Kekotic » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:11 am

I will set up a deposit fund / PHAT will set it up when the time comes then, thanks Jim.
At least that way I won't have to follow up on people who feigned interest earlier on.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby mikee » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 pm

i'll pay a deposit for the Phat quads for a wagon, just let me know when. =) wish I could do the dump pipe.. but can only do the quads methinks.
mikee

Car: sti liberty my06 wagon

Postby Kekotic » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Good to know Mikee, pretty much my big rant there is to scare the pants off all the people who aren't 100% genuine in their interest, because they can pretty much get out of this thread for all I care, and I know PHAT feels the same way.
Please send an email off to forumparts@gmail.com and tell Michael that you own a wagon and are very interested in the quads, I'm not sure if he will offer the mild steel version like last time (I know stainless is for sure though) so if you could also tell him which type of finish you are interested in that would also help.

As for DP I can't help you out there, best to just email him and ask.

Cheers,

Kieran.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Viper » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Lol @ rant.

I can see your point though.

Though I would have thought the entry price for this type of mod would kill off alot of the dreamers.

In any case, emailing Phat directly with your 'inquiry' backs up the interest from the forum, as it can be quite hit and miss, especially with alot of his personal time/money invested for potentially very little benefit.
Viper

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec B

Postby Kekotic » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Early 2011 for next batch of quads, no actual timeframe is knocked in yet, but PHAT has plans for early 2011.

I'm sure Michael is keen to know how I got my hands on this information.....I'm employing spys :lol:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby mikee » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:50 pm

perfect.. i'm starting to smile!
mikee

Car: sti liberty my06 wagon

Postby GT_Tony » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:41 pm

i am more than happy to put down a deposit (even 50%) for a Dump-pipe to suit 05 GT Manual
*** Team Tony *** 555 ***
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby Kekotic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 am

If you are after just the DP and not the mufflers, just send phat an email right now to see if he has any already made up / materials to make them.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby GTBWAGON » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

My DP is in the post today! :D happy times ahead!
GTBWAGON

Car: Liberty GT Spec B Wagon

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

I figured I would just update this for those that are interested.

Basically PHAT is waiting on a new muffler type from a supplier, so that he can take the time to design and cut/weld(whatever this genius does) his quads around that.
There is NO TIME FRAME available (directly from PHAT's mouth as of tonight) as he is waiting for these new mufflers first. From what he has said, these new mufflers will sit better in the body and be less visible from the rear, which is a good thing because on previous versions of the quads, the stainless steel versions were very reflective and visible at the rear because the muffler was easy to see. So from what PHAT has said these will have a less visible muffler, which is a great thing to me.

Only one person has been keen enough to keep in contact with me about these since this EOI thread began, but I'm just posting this for the other 1 or 2 who were at the time a few months ago very keen on getting these, wether or not you are still interested is not my concern, as I'm sure Michael will have no problem in selling the amount of quads he is considering making. All I know is for sure, Hamish and I have a set lined up 8)

If you are not interested in waiting any longer, PHAT has told me about some Fujitsubo catback exhausts that he can get which a few people on these forums have been VERY pleased with. Personally I don't like the look of cannons at the back, no matter how small they are I still call them cannons because the tip of the exhaust is bigger than the rest of the exhaust leading to the muffler, so to me that's a cannon.
Don't take my word for it though, PHAT says it's a great exhaust, and if you don't mind having a non stock look (that's one of the reasons I'm going quads) then a Fujitsubo system is great and cheaper too.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Viper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Happy waiting for Phat. Cash is sitting in the bank ;p

Did quick look for the Fujitsubo exhaust... not too much details about..

Best info/pic was this;
http://www.nengun.com/fujitsubo/power-getter
Viper

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec B

PreviousNext

Return to Exhausts