Dual muffler to single muffler

Exhaust modifications

Dual muffler to single muffler

Postby zack » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Has anyone done this as part of an exhaust upgrade? I have Gen5 GT but interested in Gen4 as well given not many Gen5s on here

Any reason not to do this? Looks wouldn't matter as I have the rear skirt (wagon)

Would this provide better, worse, more sound?

Cheers
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Re: Dual muffler to single muffler

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm

I've done it. I wanted to trim weight slightly, and I prefer single twin look rather than the double twin pipes (quads) as it looks too cartoon-y on our cars, kinda like Mario Kart...

See here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=31010

My exhaust changed for the better (beautiful H6 sound), though suspect it was more due to the work done before the single muffler (headers, hi-flow cats, 2.5" piping and mid muffler) than anything else.

I used an Ultrex twin muffler (had to buy as part of Left and Right set) which I wouldn't recommend as about 1/3 of the internal space is taken up by a y-splitter that gives the twin pipes. If I was to do it again I would go another muffler, prob Magnaflow, with the split added by an exhaust shop after the muffler - the space is there between the muffler and the bumper to do it. The Ultrex tips are perfectly placed, so it does look good, but would rather have a muffler than worked better.
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby zack » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:31 am

Cheers mate.

If memory serves I read dual muffler would reduce sound/noise and also potentially power.

Hopefully can find a reputable exhaust place that can provide some sound :P advice
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey dan, did you get the magnaflow, what mid muffler/custom Y config ? ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Hey dan, did you get the magnaflow, what mid muffler/custom Y config ? ;)

Oops, missed your question. Did the oil and filter on the w/end so took a couple of pics while it was up, have updated my exhaust thread (see above for link).
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Return to Exhausts