BrisLiberty - 2008 ADM Subaru Liberty 3R 5EAT - Tuning

Re: BrisLiberty - 2008 ADM Subaru Liberty 3R 5EAT - Tuning

Postby west_minist » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am

Spec B Wgn wrote:i would have thought 3rd gear runs to be less then 2nd gear runs..in relation to atw kws ??

anyway dyno room temp was 20 degrees Celsius and 99% air density what ever that means.

Edward what fuel you tune on 95 or 98 ron... lots of people are using E85 ethanol based over here now and getting good results..

congrats...with the baby as well.. are you getting sleep :mrgreen:

No. High gears showed more due to the 1:1 ratio.

99% not sure what it means.lol. Could sea level air density. lol

Not sure what my customers uses. I just tuned for the gas their uses. What I can tell you, if e85, it sucks on the eco mode of these cars, because they ping like hell.

Good sleep. lol. Mum live else where. Lol. But I must give tops to single parents. its overwhelming. But my gf been good. Azaira been good at nights. She sleep through last night. lol
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby BrisLiberty » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm

I always use Caltex Vortex 98RON. Can I just say that in my 2 years of frustration with this car I did get the car put on a dyno by a tuner in Brisbane to get a 2nd opinion as to why it was pinging. After many trips back to Subaru, they weren't helping me too much at that stage unfortunately. The dyno showed that the car was running at about 140kw at the wheels from memory, which I was advised was good for that model, although they also acknowledged that pinging was prevalent. The tuner advised that he could install a piggyback ecu to fix the problem. As the car was only 12months old, I wasn't prepared to go to that extent...yet. So a good dyno result doesn't necessarily mean an enjoyable drive.

After Edward's initial tunes, the graphs show an increase in the power. However, that is of little relevance to me. The pinging has been fixed, the DBW is more responsive and the car is now much more enjoyable to drive. I now think that the car is finally realising its potential and I love driving it!
BrisLiberty

Car: MY08 3.0RB

Postby west_minist » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7684#p131043

BrisLiberty wrote:I have a MY08 3.0RB Liberty which I love, although I have put up with 2 years of pinging and sluggish response, even with 98RON petrol. Subaru were not able/willing to rectify the pinging issue and believed this was "normal" for the car.

I read about Edward's success from this forum and was eager to find out if this tuning could fix the car's problems. My car didn't have rom support available, but this posed no obstacle for Edward as he created his own support.

Upgrading the rom for the first time was a nervous moment as I was concerned I would damage the ecu. However, these concerns were quickly put aside as version V0 proved to be a dramatic improvement as compared to the factory rom. Response was so much better than before and the pinging was all but removed.

We are now up to v5 and I suspect we are close to the final result. The car is so responsive and I've not heard any pinging now for some time which is a great relief. Edward has been very quick to respond to my logs and questions regardless of the time, so I'm not sure when he sleeps!

I now realise the potential of this vehicle and my perseverance for the last 2 years has been rewarded. I find myself taking the "long" way home as I enjoy the drive so much. :D I'd recommend Edward's tune to anyone with a Liberty, particularly the 3.0, as the factory tune is not that good and is not well matched to our fuel.

Regards
BrisLiberty
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Previous

Return to Xtreme Racing Tuning