3.0R Customer Satisfaction

Re: 3.0R Customer Satisfaction

Postby Fluf » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey guys. I'm thinking of doing this to my wifes 3.0rb which is totally stock. In terms of outright speed gains, has anyone done a before and after quartmile run??

Ben
Fluf

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0r Spec B

Postby west_minist » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Is your wife interested in 1/4 mile???? lol

None of my customers never highlighted and it would be interested to see, but I believe it would be a points of a sec.
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby Fluf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Lol, who cares what my wife wants?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. for the love of god PLEASE don't tell her I said that... :oops:

Did 3 runs all the same of 15.2 @ 95mph, so I rekon that's a pretty decent baseline. I'm just interested to see a bang for buck in terms of outright hp. I think I'll mod the car, just a matter or time and money. Migh buy something else before I do. For 12ish grand, the full exhaust/supercharger/tune by yourself seems as though it will net 245ish at the wheels, and that's amazing bang for buck in anyones money. Double the HP for 12 grand?!? Easy decision for me.
Fluf

Postby west_minist » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 pm

With the SC, I can definitely see the increase.

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... ?f=7&t=424

I hope you find the information helpful. But it will take a good change in HP to get that 1sec difference.
west_minist

Postby Fluf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 pm

So I had a good play on that table thingy. When I put in calculate my HP from my speed it was pretty much spot on @ 239hp. When I did it from my et is said 201...Does this mean I am a shit driver? One of the guys there said the 3.0rb should run a mid 14 pass but I hammered it the best I could and 15.2 was it.

Secondly, if the car had 245kw atw, that works out to 325ish hp. In a 1500kg car, I would have though a mid 12 second pass would be in order?

According to this website, I need 400 for a mid 12 :(

http://www.torquestats.com/modified/ind ... =Calculate
Fluf

Postby west_minist » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 pm

A stock 3r is around 200 and is on part with a wrx. The body weight is the factor, but yes you will need that amount of power. But drag is not only that. Its the fun of driving.
west_minist

Postby Fluf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm

200 atw?
Fluf

Postby west_minist » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

yes. When I quote figures it is always at the wheels.
west_minist

Postby SegR » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:48 pm

HP not KW :-)
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby west_minist » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Correct. Whp.
west_minist

Postby Fluf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 am

So that would mean my car loses less than 17% of power through the driveline?
Fluf

Ali Feedback

Postby west_minist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=451

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 9:22 AM
To: Edward
Subject: RE: Customer feedback

150kw/247Nm (Weight reduced by around 100kg, otherwise it could jump higher, I care about acceleration)

Ed,
I'm very satisfied with the car's performance so far and I'm sure it will become much more better when it learns.

Couple of interesting things:
- The car now jumps when launching, great response!
- Torque is great, you feel the power in the pedal!
- Learning!! whatever your driving style is, the car learns it fast.
- Shifting in the 3gear became a lot faster.
- Power starts in around 2500rpm, thanks to Raptor headers.
- More fuel usage.
- FUN, the great response makes it more sporty.

Ed:
- Patient and helpful, we reached v6.
- Knowledgeable and always ready to give answers and directions.
- Willing to help and support anytime, we might do another project :)
- I learned a lot of things from him and gained more experience.
- Strongly recommended for the next customer.

Car now is under some maintenance job.. injectors cleaning & spark plug replacement.. above number will definitely go higher as we are approaching winter session :) it was tuned in the summer session, humid too.

Thanks Ed for your efforts, looking forward to work with you again, maybe soon.

Regards,
Ali
west_minist

BrisLiberty

Postby west_minist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 pm

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=365
BrisLiberty wrote:I have a MY08 3.0RB Liberty which I love, although I have put up with 2 years of pinging and sluggish response, even with 98RON petrol. Subaru were not able/willing to rectify the pinging issue and believed this was "normal" for the car.

I read about Edward's success from this forum and was eager to find out if this tuning could fix the car's problems. My car didn't have rom support available, but this posed no obstacle for Edward as he created his own support.

Upgrading the rom for the first time was a nervous moment as I was concerned I would damage the ecu. However, these concerns were quickly put aside as version V0 proved to be a dramatic improvement as compared to the factory rom. Response was so much better than before and the pinging was all but removed.

We are now up to v5 and I suspect we are close to the final result. The car is so responsive and I've not heard any pinging now for some time which is a great relief. Edward has been very quick to respond to my logs and questions regardless of the time, so I'm not sure when he sleeps!

I now realise the potential of this vehicle and my perseverance for the last 2 years has been rewarded. I find myself taking the "long" way home as I enjoy the drive so much. :D I'd recommend Edward's tune to anyone with a Liberty, particularly the 3.0, as the factory tune is not that good and is not well matched to our fuel.

Regards
BrisLiberty
west_minist

JoshL

Postby west_minist » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=458

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 2:22 AM
To: 'Edward'
Subject: RE: Review of the current tune

Hi Edward,

The tune has really improved the car so far. I am very happy.
I will do some more logging after the service for you.

I mode is 500% better than it was stock. It is now very usable and I will be using it 95% of the time from now on.
S mode I haven’t tested much, as I will be using I or S# all the time I think. But it felt good from what I tested. Holds gears longer then I and is quicker to downshift when needed.
S# is awesome. Car feels fantastic through the whole rev range.

Overall I wanted a more drivable car, and it definitely is. The off-the-line acceleration is much improved – it used to be quite slow in the stock tune to be honest.

Will let you know once the car is serviced and will send you some more logs.

Cheers,
Josh.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:32 PM
To: west_minist
Subject: RE: How are you?

Hi Edward,

So far I am very happy with the tune.
The car is much more derivable and more fun to drive.

Your service has been excellent, you always responded quickly to my emails/whatsapp messages which is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Josh.
west_minist

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Hey All

I first made contact with Edward from XRT (west_minist) WAY back in December 2011. Edward was very prompt to replying to each question (no matter now noobish or silly it may have been). Originally I was waiting to upgrade my exhaust system for my 3.0L spec.B H6 6MT before I got it tuned. As everyone knows plans change and life gets in the way sometimes. So a long time later we finally get started on tuning, no exhaust mods besides Phat quad tip mufflers. V0 was sent on 22-05-13 and even this base rom was impressive, the new response of the throttle makes the stock tune look pathetic, and trust me this has only gotten better over the new roms. After V1, V1-avcs was sent making tweaks to the AVCS, obviously. The new roms makes it like a new car to drive, I find myself over-revving 1st gear on take off sometimes as the stock tune had so much lag in the throttle that it had to be held down for a bit and also further down to get the revs right. Now the revs come on instantly and are far more sensitive which makes learning to drive it new and exciting. after a few days the driving experience becomes much more comfortable and the confidence grows. Even the misses finds the new tune more responsive and powerful, She doesn't know how to make sense of the Dyno Graphs but still she can basically tell me (in her own words) that it has more torque, power, driveability, and that the overall car feels much smoother. I am currently on V3 and if the results from my next log are what Edward expects than it will be the last....for a few weeks anyway.

I have ceramic coated headers going on in the near future and absolutely cannot wait until they're installed and we can get the retune underway. Edward has not only been informative but VERY patient. I went from not knowing a damn thing about tuning, logging, reading Dyno figures, hell I didn't have a clue what a Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable was. I was a little hesitant at first, especially when messing with the brain of the car that I had not had ANY experience with whatsoever. But after showing me the ropes I was much more comfortable with loading roms, recording logs, and doing all the other bits and pieces (which isn't all that scary once I had done it a few times). I have to thank Edward for all his time and effort, and especially for making the car the way it should have come from factory, a BEAST. Edward seemed almost as excited as I was to get the tuning started and for each and every rom, making changes and tweaking this and that (most of which I cannot get my head around). So for anybody looking to get tuned by XRT, stop hesitating and just do it, seriously best bang for buck I have done to the car yet.

Thanks again Edward for all you have done, cheers.

Brunsy
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

PreviousNext

Return to Xtreme Racing Tuning