XRT Christmas 2014 Tuning Specials

Re: XRT Christmas 2014 Tuning Specials

Postby west_minist » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 am

The 2.0R with the 2.5 motors seems to be not well if those fluctions.

For the older model, you will need an EMS. Hydra, Haltec, Link, Vipec, etc.
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

camerooney Feedback

Postby west_minist » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7207&start=315#p392431
camerooney wrote:Feedback for XRT tuning.

Vehicle: 2006 ADM Outback H6 w/5EAT and ~135,000kms.
Mods: none apart from K+N filter.
Support: Tactrix cable, XP laptop. Cheap VAGCOM $15 ebay cable also managed to do some preliminary logging via Romraider.

Ed is very professional and prompt. Considering the time difference and his heavy work load some days he always made an effort to respond to my questions or provide updated tunes. My car is your standard everyday Outback H6. My main gripes with the car in its stock form was primarily sluggish transmission performance.

I'm sitting on Revision 5 of my tune now and its going really well. Transmission lag gone, significantly better driveability and more torque available through better torque map. I had some issues with pinging along the way, first few tunes were due to crappy fuel. I initially asked Ed to tune for 95RON but I've ended up transitioning to 98RON. I've yet to go back to 95 but I expect things would be okay. Logging is very easy, suggest to provide Ed with short/precise logs when troubleshooting pinging to make it easier for him. The most noticeable change to the car's performance is the throttle input, its now quite sensitive but you get used to it after awhile. I'm finding I'm driving everyday to work with probably 20-30% throttle rather than 60%+ on the stock tune, its just so much more effortless that you don't require any more throttle to make it go. Did I forget to mention that the dreaded 5EAT lag is also gone? In some scenarios it almost feels like driving a DSG equipped car, the shifts are just so much faster than stock.

I had one instance where the car felt like it was surging or not drinking fuel properly after a tune, an ECU reset via Romraider fixed this and a casual drive afterwards with another tank of fuel seemed to sort out the learning etc. After a semi-long drive (4hr round trip) the car felt much better. It seems a decent trip might help sort the car's various mappings/values and learning out? I don't know.

There is considerably more punch in 1st and 2nd gear, no more bogging down when pulling out onto a highway. Its no WRX but the H6 with Ed's tune pulls hard if you have your foot planted. I'll upload a short video when I get chance. My fuel economy on the stock tune was always quite good (8.0-9.0L/per100km average mix of highway and town). Highway economy seems unchanged, possibly better but only time will tell. Around town I seem to be sitting on 9.5L/10.0L which is slightly higher than stock but its a small tradeoff for having such improved driveability.

Thanks Ed for making my boring Outback a nice/effortless car to drive. I might be in contact for a retune for some headers... ;)

Thanks,
Cam
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: XRT Christmas 2014 Tuning Specials

Postby Black Dragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:52 pm

west_minist wrote:The 2.0R with the 2.5 motors seems to be not well if those fluctions.

For the older model, you will need an EMS. Hydra, Haltec, Link, Vipec, etc.

I'm trying to get the time to do logging for the 2.0R owner. He just replaced the block with 2.5 and everything remains the same (2.5i Block with 2.0R heads)
Black Dragon

Car: MY07 3.0RB

Previous

Return to Xtreme Racing Tuning