Updates: Jun-2014

Postby west_minist » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Updates to the 5EAT customers feedback
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... 1607#p1607
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Subaru Tuning that affects 5EAT Operations & Performance

Postby west_minist » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Videos showing the new 5EAT behaviour after ECU Tuning that affects the operations of the transmission. For more information and reviews, please visit Xtreme Racing Tuning ? View topic - Subaru Tuning that affects 5EAT Operations & Performance

Its no hoax or fags, but after paying more attention to the 5EAT with some customers who just wanted me too....PAY more attention to the 5EAT, the following customer feedback is noted and videos. More vids to follow, including more customer feedback to be added.

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=509&p=1798#p1798
http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=527#p1820

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_hEl6_KMvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41jHSZhu7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Ha7GeFHAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85L0pMKJyoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYB0TDg7N0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIZauF_kpg

I will add more videos as there come.

Below is a car within your group year showing similar operations, but by an excited customer who lives 4000FT up and travels from 1000ft to somes close to 5000FT on daily biases and enjoying every moment of it.

Xtreme Racing Tuning - ChrisKu - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning
west_minist wrote:
Subject: V11c1 Logs
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:01:38 -0700
To: XRT

Here are logs from V11c1...i am very please with the way she feels now on this ROM...shifting,power delivery, torque....in auto and in manual modes i like the way she feels...not sluggish at all even in the lower rpms if i need to pass or give a lil gas or to climb a hill...no problem now...no throttle lag at all in any mode or gear for any reason yet that I have encountered...she feels strong when i did a couple pulls...she just feels like she wants to go, peeppy, I like it! i cannot wait till I get the rest of the exhaust system on and the new torque box/racing intake chamber by kakimoto...very smooth cruising

.................... Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills.

In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response.

Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go!

Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th!

The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting.

Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before!

Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

Xtreme Racing Tuning ? View topic - ChrisKu - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning
Keems3.0R wrote:On to Rom V16..The Throttle Response due to the lag has been adjusted so that when i give it gas, it goes! Its a great feeling...
With the Full exhaust system in place she has a Beautiful Raspy Rumble Created by the Raptor Headers w/High flow Cats. The new exhaust system plus the Ecu tuning allows me to move thru the rpm range ALOT faster than before! Its like night and day from how the 3.0R was before I started tuning with Ed.

Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

We are close to finishing the Ecu tuning, but so far i am BEYOND please with all that ED has done with the 3.0R! :D Once the Kakimoto Racing Intake Chamber arrives/installed itll be the last mod i do for the 3.0R. Minor tuning adjustments might need to be made. Ive just received ROM V17. Review Comming Soon.

Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT

Xtreme Racing Tuning - Perscitus - 2010 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT - Tuning
Customer has moved from Ecutek to XRT

Customer feedback:
Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 pm
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5222014&postcount=1781

stevenc1703 had already been drinking the (Xtreme Racing Tuning) 3.6R elixir long before I tried it :)
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4860233&postcount=11702
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4926464&postcount=929
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4861219&postcount=667
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4783845&postcount=1

On my 3rd revision with XRT and the car is responding very well to west_minist's changes!

v0 was already great - great idle, low/mid range torque, great transmission behavior, zero knock.
v1 improved throttle response, made it quick and crisp and added even more low/mid range torque, further timing and AVCS tweaks.
v2 (latest) is the icing on the cake. Rounded out all the changes from v0 and v1.
Smoothest power delivery, pulls great from low RPM all the way to 6.x K RPM
Nearly ideal throttle response and transmission behavior (I can't imagine it getting any better!). The car responds to throttle input like a 2015 WRX in S or S# and the transmission works very similar to it too. Holds gears, downshifts and upshifts very quickly.

More testing this weekend.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:36 pm
Customer has moved from Ecutek to XRT

Customer feedback:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5220772&postcount=1772
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5220773&postcount=18994

I've switched to an XRT (Xtreme Racing Tuning) tune and all I can say is WOW!
The car is now updated with both the latest stock FHI/SoA ECM and TCM stock flashes and tuned on top of these.

We're 'only' on the 2nd revision and already making great progress.
Ed has been a pleasure to work it. Extremely knowledgeable, professional, responsive with performance and log results that back it up.

Engine runs great, transmission runs great, no longer constantly tries to upshift to 5 all the time, holds lower gears, responds far far better to throttle input and delivers the torque I'd expect at low and mid-RPM.

StevenC, you're spot on with how the 5EAT can be transformed.
All thanks to Xtreme Racing Tuning. I'm impressed.

In addition:

First of! Wow! I'm not sure if you've already tweaked the TCM affecting params and table, but WOW.
The 5EAT holds gears, shifts much better. Its a night and day difference.
The engine itself seems much happier, runs better, idles better. And it seems like during the whole log IAM stayed constant at '1'. Which is great!
west_minist

Postby alexeiwoody » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Are you claiming you tune the TCU?
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby west_minist » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:59 pm

No Please. If you read the main link and attachment links, I never highlighted tuning the TCU directly.

Please!!!! I do encourage everyone to read and read thoroughly as much as possible. There is power in it :)
west_minist

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 am

west_minist wrote:No Please. If you read the main link and attachment links, I never highlighted tuning the TCU directly.

Please!!!! I do encourage everyone to read and read thoroughly as much as possible. There is power in it :)

Your customer quote repeatedly says you tuned the TCU. Cheers.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby west_minist » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:39 am

I allow my customer to provide feedback in their own words and language unedited. But in all of my communication and info feeds states I don't.

Thank you. I will try to encourage them to be correct, although in their minds and how the their transmissions work, they feel so.
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:25 pm

west_minist

ChrisLiz - 2008 ADM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Postby west_minist » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:24 am

Subject: RE: v2
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 05:42:52 +1000
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>

Hi Edward,

I loaded V.2 on Sunday morning and then we went for a 45min drive to the
north side of the city, this was the first time I have driven the car post
the start of tuning with all the family in the car, out for a normal drive.
It was sensational, it's a shame I didn't log some of it, plenty of
moderately steep long winding hills, that the car used to struggle to hold
speed 60km/h, now it holds it perfectly, without much throttle change it
shifted now and then to maintain speed up the winding hills, but I hardly
noticed the shift since it was so smooth. You have managed to tune this car
and remove all of the frustrating things about it that I think Subaru were
too lazy to address.

I am sorry I have not had a chance to look for the small intake or exhaust
leaks you have identified but will get to them when I can. Attached are some
logs post v.2, both Smode and S#.

We are heading up the mountains in a couple of weeks' time and it's a good 2
hour with cruising at 110km/h and then 45min of climbing to around 1100m, so
I look forward to logging some of this trip and seeing how the car goes.

Thanks again, the car is a dream and joy to drive.

Best Regards

Chris
west_minist

XRT Full Race 5EAT-DBW Tuning

Postby west_minist » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:30 pm

west_minist

Postby west_minist » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=582

west_minist wrote:
Subject: V11c1 Logs
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:01:38 -0700

Here are logs from V11c1...i am very please with the way she feels now on this ROM...shifting,power delivery, torque....in auto and in manual modes i like the way she feels...not sluggish at all even in the lower rpms if i need to pass or give a lil gas or to climb a hill...no problem now...no throttle lag at all in any mode or gear for any reason yet that I have encountered...she feels strong when i did a couple pulls...she just feels like she wants to go, peeppy, I like it! i cannot wait till I get the rest of the exhaust system on and the new torque box/racing intake chamber by kakimoto...very smooth cruising

.................... Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills.

In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response.

Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go!

Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th!

The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting.

Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before!

Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/vie ... t=10#p1808
Keems3.0R wrote:On to Rom V16..The Throttle Response due to the lag has been adjusted so that when i give it gas, it goes! Its a great feeling...
With the Full exhaust system in place she has a Beautiful Raspy Rumble Created by the Raptor Headers w/High flow Cats. The new exhaust system plus the Ecu tuning allows me to move thru the rpm range ALOT faster than before! Its like night and day from how the 3.0R was before I started tuning with Ed.

Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

We are close to finishing the Ecu tuning, but so far i am BEYOND please with all that ED has done with the 3.0R! :D Once the Kakimoto Racing Intake Chamber arrives/installed itll be the last mod i do for the 3.0R. Minor tuning adjustments might need to be made. Ive just received ROM V17. Review Comming Soon.

Sent: Monday, 7 September 2015 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: v22

Ed, You've done it again!! ROM V22 is beyond what i could have expected or imagined! as you know with all these lil hiccups that shes been having throughout this whole tuning process, and we are getting close to fixin all the lil bugs and issues.

Finally she feels like a Whole Rounded Beast of a 3.0R!! In all Rpm's for crusing/driving around is awsome, you really feel the gas pedal feel like it just wants to be smashed down to the floor, it feels lighter than ever. Before tuning, there was alot of tension behind the gas pedal and when i would try to accelerate it would bog down n take a long time for the power to come. Now, its press and go, no matter what Rpm or what gear, if your trying to pass another car or go up a hill! The shifting is smoother than ever and downshifting from any gear in automatic is with ease!

The throttle lag has been deminished and no longer lingers around, Ed has fully tuned the DBW/TCU in ways i couldnt imagine comming into this tuning process! This is by far the best ROM yet, V22 is amazing all around!

Thanks Ed!

Doing these Gear pulls for logging was Thrilling!!! She was pulling so hard to redline, shifted fast n crisp, On to the next gear...that was the most fun ive had in a long time while doing these pulls!!!

...lol
so shifting feels great, i love how firm it is even when im not on full throttle, n it great when im doing gear pull cuz it hits hard n fast when shifting, no more srallin out/laggin during shift...now auto feels like manual and all the gears feel like they pull harder!!! i was in sport sharp manual 4th gear(round 2300rpm) n was climbing a hill n pressed down on gas n it pulled like it was in 3rd gear, needle jumped n jus pulled, no need to go down to 3rd gear(and i even passed a car too!!!)...everything is working great, feeling great, now were jus waiting for rallymax!!!! holy crap i cannot wait......its gunna b insane if u say it does what it does!!! especially happy that the fuel will b more oxygenated for up here in higher elevation!!!

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... 1864#p1864
hey ed, did another driving log late tonight when no one was on the road...just a driving log in sport sharp...felt great! idle is very smooth again..i did a short idle session in the beginning of log holding at 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000rpms...
then i took her up a couple grades and thru a windy road section n back out onto the hwy from a stand still, then at the end of log theres a big downshift in auto up the bigger hill climb into my town...it downshifted from 55mph in 5th all the way to 2nd gear n redlined thru 3rd...
was very smooth on throttle when steay crusing too...it did a wonderful thing too as i was getting into my neigborhood, i was creepin in 2nd gear very slow n theres a tiny hill u climb n pull into my driveway...holding the throttle steady in 2nd, whithout any throttle change, it downshifted into 1st by itself! it was awsome! it did one other time when i was crusing thru town in 4th steady on throttle n then it downshifted into 3rd without me pushing on pedal! it was cool...it was almost reading my mind/driving style if it were manual....crazy...
overall felt great, no complaints so far on vprmV27...pulls hard in 2nd!! n all other gears too...lol...

2015-10-29
log1-sport sharp driving log...started out in auto mode, slowly, progressivly getting faster n more aggressive on the shifting...slowing down, speeding up, so that the tranny can shift up n down a bunch..while i was in the automatic sport sharp driving mode, it felt very smooth and firm on the shifting, again it felt as if i was driving in the manual mode, the biggest difference in the auto mode is 5th gear(especially climbing a hill)...when you put your foot down, it goes, pulls away and most of the time it doesnt even need to downshift anymore, unless i wanna pass someone up a grade/hill...its a great feeling having it holfd the gear and not bogging down anymore and just having the power there wen u want it and not having to wait for it to catch up from the time you put your foot down..
shifted into manual mode on the big down hill grade so i dont have to use my brakes as much..lol

2016-02-04
By email
on the way down i tried to get the tranny to do some upshifting and downshifting while i was on my cruise. the shifting, as also was smoother than ever..quick and firm shifts, made me smile. Stepping on the throttle gave very good and quick response, like i was in manual mode...
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Subject: Re: v2
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 23:28:44 -0300
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>

Hi Edward, I used up all the 87 octane gas in the tank and refilled it with 91 octane and then loaded the v2 ROM.

Wow, what a difference. The car feels much stronger throughout the RPM range. I took some logs and then loaded the v2dbw ROM. Even better! When applying medium pressure to the throttle from around 1500 RPM the transmission downshifts smoothly and holds the gear much more predictably. Also when applying full throttle at highway speeds (5th gear) the downshift is less violent.

You also got rid of the throttle sensitivity a low speed / light throttle. It's much easier now to control the car in 1st gear off-road situations.Â

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3246186-post12.html
I have a 2013 3.6R Limited, it's my first automatic in almost 20 years. I love the car but not so much the transmission. I Lots of power from the engine but when combined with the lag from the drive-by-wire throttle and the hard shifting trans (under load) it's been making me miss my stick shift. I've been reading about ECU programming and was curious when I saw this thread. After some additional research and reading the testimonials about Edward at XtremeRaceTuning.com I decided to take the plunge and reflash my ECU.

I must say Edward is a professional and a pleasure to work with. We're currently on version 3 of the ECU ROM and I'm very happy with the results. The throttle lag is gone and the car feels much stronger throughout the RPM range. When applying medium pressure to the throttle from around 1500 RPM the transmission downshifts smoothly and holds the gear much more predictably. Also when applying full throttle at highway speeds (5th gear) the downshift is now less violent. In tuning the engine timing to get the most performance out of the stock engine it's been necessary to switch to 91 octane but that's a small price to be for all the extra fun I'm getting out of the car.

ECU tuning isn't for everyone, it's not a 15 minute process and requires some dedication to the testing process to get the settings just right. But Edward is patient and experienced with Subarus and in my opinion definitely someone you want to work with if you're going to do this.
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 am

2015-10-11
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3321665-post17.html
I don't have any videos so, I am posting here. Frank has been relatively solid and trustworthy for the last few hundred miles...that's a big deal for Frank. I have finally been able to live with the new 5EAT race programming, I think Ed called it.

It is nearly faultless. Meaning I have to try to fault it. The gears now hold into a much higher rpm...IF I keep the throttle even/constant...like to redline...if I want. Or, I can modulate the pedal too...smoothly upshift. Gone is the clunks and slams...that used to happen when it got a bit confused.

And this is in comparison to the previous tune...which was already XRT modified and way better than stock.

I would challenge any 3rd pedal rower to do as aggressive, efficient and smooth clutch operation...as what I have in XRT 5EAT.

2015-10-16
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3337561-post18.html
Thanks...you see them for what they truly are...it's not the dress size...it's what is inside that counts.

I am getting closer to the track. The 5EAT updated, full on...tweeked and peaked...(ok, I think I am done)...race tune is so...so choice. It does exactly what I want...all the time. I have had 2 little hic-ups in about 300 miles. But that's it.
All city/urban/urban-highway miles. The XRT tuned 5EAT is my favorite part of my car. And, let me tell you...there is some big company in that statement.

Perrin, GrimmSpeed, AVO turboworld, MeganRacing, Whilteline, Koni.

Them's big shoes to be walking in.

I have been practicing my green lights. Left foot braking...I had been thinking about brake torquing...even with the AWD...kind of against the 5EAT...I have a auxiliary tranny cooler (that sounds bad)...so I can push it like that a little without worry. 2WD drag guys just light up the rear...

And it is more of a remedy for the DBW delay. Tuners can remove tons of it and give great throttle response....but it ain't no hard wire...So...so brake torque before the green is advantageous. I will be honest, Ed today...asked all of us in the 5EAT tuning group to brake torque our 0-60 and 1/8-1/4 times...

Nice. It is cool for this old guy...to be on the same page as my tuner. I have been doing it a bit today...feels a bit vulgar and decadent to be doing on the street...next to a minivan. Chassis rocks a bit...the haunches wind up...exhaust growls like tdck is wearing a muzzle.

Have I said my car is fun....:9:

2016-01-24
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3663617-post65.html
west_minist

Update to the 5EAT Stage tuning

Postby west_minist » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:19 pm

XRT has upgraded its 5EAT tuning for 2017. We are now offer 5EAT-Stage 2 at stage 1 level to show our full commitment to performance and better experience. That implies in out aim to achieve greater 5EAT performance from shifting to acceleration to greater take off, we have developed a very new XRT-5EAT-Stage 2. Its really a Stage 3, but to keep all of these maps in check, there is no need to have so much variety and thereby offer you the customer the simplicity in tuning.

Please see the below vids for the New Stage 2 tuning:

https://youtu.be/9M6qn_4rA2s
https://youtu.be/e4oDyMKXQCM
west_minist

Return to Xtreme Racing Tuning