Tyres: P215/45R18
Car Weight: 1440kg
Driver Weight: 105kg
Total Weight: 1545kg

Mods
None

All dyno'es are based on RPM

Just Gas tuning.
Last edited by west_minist on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Stock Stats

Postby west_minist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 am

west_minist

Gas Tuning - v1 vs v0

Postby west_minist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

V1 is just AVCS Tuning w/ pinging reduction

V1 is the blue line
west_minist

Re: Tai -2006 ADM Subaru Legacy 2.0GT 5EAT - Tuning

Postby west_minist » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14583&p=196022#p195987

Mr Cali wrote:Thanks Edward.

I've got to say that my experience with Edward has been all positive so far. From the time I replied to saying that I wanted to take up his Xmas offer, within 1hr he had already contacted me and gave me instructions on how to get started. I made the transfer that night and to avoid any delays we got to work straight away with loading software on my laptop and configuring Rom Raider to download my standard ROM. Within 3 days and nearly 1 tank of petrol we were able to get to V2a of which I am currently testing.

Customer service is fantastic with Edward, he is able to be contacted quite a fair bit during the day, considering that he's on the other side of the world. If you are hesitating because you know nothing about logging, flashing etc, then don't. Edward will guide you through the whole process and will even remotely take over your computer to set things up if need be.

So what's the results been like? I'm very happy so far and am confident that we'll be able to get what I expected and more.

DBW: This was the area of most improvement, what Subaru were thinking when they designed delay in the pedal response is just crazy. This alone transformed my driving experience. I only need to tap the pedal and there is instant response.

Power: Power feels the same, however I can feel the car pull harder through the usable part of the rev range (mid range). Makes the car much more responsive and the engine doesn't feel like it's laboring as much.

Fuel: This I'm not quite sure on, as most of the driving that I have done has been to test each tune, most of this being hard acceleration or dyno runs. I did fill up again yesterday and have been driving my normal style since then. I've nearly done 100kms and it's nowhere near the 3/4 mark yet. I used to get around 370km per tank, however I find the gauge drops very slowly during the first half and then drop dramatically. So I should have a better idea in about a weeks time.

I think there is some slight improvements to be gained, more refinement then anything, but I'm sure that Edward will be able to deliver this.

So was it worth the $350 that I paid, hell yes !!! the car is a totally different car to drive now, so much more enjoyable. If you have a stock car, and are thinking that it's probably not worthwhile, don't hesitate, it's probably the best bang for buck mod that I can think off.
west_minist

Return to Xtreme Racing Tuning