Funny Jobs

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

Funny Jobs

Postby Heartstarter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi all,
I am a paramedic and I see some really funny stuff. This is one of the funny ones I have been too.

We got called to a house for an unknown situation (an unknown situation exists primarily when the phone is disconnected but someone dials 000 and even though noone can talk on the line an ambulance is sent to the address that the phone is registered to). So we arrived and I did the big ambulance knock on the door and yelled "Ambulance here!" Inside I could hear some movement as if someone was stumbling around. A moment later the door opened and very scruffy young man appeared. He was wearing just camo long shorts, his hair was all standing up and very messy, his eyes were bloodshot and he swayed on his feet. I asked him if he called an ambualnce and he replied that he did and that it was all good now. With that he shut the door. I then knocked loudly on the door again and he opened it again and said that he was fine and shut the door. At this point I was wondering what was going on and opened the door and told his bloke that I have a duty of care and I need to be sure that you are all right. It tool a little while to get the story out of him but this is what it was.

He had been smoking weed for the past three days and got all disoriented in his house and was unable to find the front door. So he decided to ring 000 and when we knocked on the front door he could find it again.

Try writing that one up for the paperwork. :lol:
Heartstarter

Car: 98 Liberty wagon AWD,liberty GTB

Re: Funny Jobs

Postby Jack_Keaka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 pm

this just makes me annoyed that fucking pot heads morons are spending our tax payers money and taking away ambos to real emergencies... :roll:

however at least it gave you a funny moment amongst many dire stories.
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby HardwareBoB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Not funny, but the worst I've been to recently was a death, but the guy kept chickens in the house.. like.. in EVERY ROOM in the house. The smell and the noise were unbearable.

Generally there's less funny stuff and more bad stuff happening before you call the fire briga\de :)
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby satogixxer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 am

Funny I suppose... but I'm with Jack, hearing stories like this just makes me mad to be honest. With my bro being a police officer I get to hear a lot of stories - I don't know how you ambo's, police, firies, etc. put up with the shit you have to deal with!
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby blacktop™ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:17 pm

satogixxer wrote: I don't know how you ambo's, police, firies, etc. put up with the shit you have to deal with!

They get paid either way...although i guess it would be frustrating.

My close mate is a firefighter. 50% of the days he's rostered on, they don't get any callouts! and 80% of callouts are nonsense stuff like toaster or something setting off the fire alarm or a cat in a tree or something.

he loves his job!
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby HardwareBoB » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:28 pm

blacktop™ wrote:
satogixxer wrote: I don't know how you ambo's, police, firies, etc. put up with the shit you have to deal with!

They get paid either way...although i guess it would be frustrating.

My close mate is a firefighter. 50% of the days he's rostered on, they don't get any callouts! and 80% of callouts are nonsense stuff like toaster or something setting off the fire alarm or a cat in a tree or something.

he loves his job!

haha, getting paid, that's a laugh!

We get odd clusters of callouts, like none for a week and then 5 in a day.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby Heartstarter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:49 pm

I find that after 16 years in the job I have to look for the funny coz if I don't I will get all bitter and twisted and bent out of shape.
Heartstarter

Car: 98 Liberty wagon AWD,liberty GTB

Return to Humour