South Australian Police

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

South Australian Police

Postby BaSeLine » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 am

Apparently this is also what happens when you get a vehicle defect notice in Adelaide.. :shock:

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/baton-arrest-incident-investigated-by-sa-police-complaints-authority/story-fncynjr2-1226530766605
BaSeLine

Car: MY05 Lib GT MT SDN

Re: South Australian Police

Postby bradr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am

Striking someone three times with considerable force while they lie face down and completely motionless is not a good look.
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby ferret89 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 pm

I'd say there was at bare minimum some kind of significant verbal abuse that lead up to that incident, cops usually don't do that unless you piss them off
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby Jack_Keaka » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

unfortunately just like every other job in the world you get dickheads who are incompetent. I'm all for standing up for police as i know many. but thats just a cop who is abusing his authority. theres not much you can do in preventing douche bags from getting a job a an officer. you can only discipline them when its too late.
on the opposite end of the spectrum there was that cop that got murdered this afternoon in Sydney. you gotta give them credit for doing one of the toughest jobs in the world. i for one am glad i didn't get through the medical
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby Zaccy182 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Jack_Keaka wrote:unfortunately just like every other job in the world you get dickheads who are incompetent. I'm all for standing up for police as i know many. but thats just a cop who is abusing his authority. theres not much you can do in preventing douche bags from getting a job a an officer. you can only discipline them when its too late.
on the opposite end of the spectrum there was that cop that got murdered this afternoon in Sydney. you gotta give them credit for doing one of the toughest jobs in the world.

+1 Well said. I too know many police including highly decorated family members. It's unfortunate that this stuff happens, but you never see or hear the full story. The guy in orange could have been threating the officer with a syringe or something. Yes the 3 hits were probably 3 too many but the officer was doing his job and came down to his judgement.
[ 05 Liberty GT 5MT Wagon ]
240,000kms -mostly stock- going strong
Tune by Matt from KiDo | COBB short shifter + kartboy bushings | Whiteline sway bars | GFB respons BOV | K&N panel filter | eBay 3" cat-back to 2.5" Y pipe exhaust | 8000k HIDs | Lenso 17" Project D Spec B wheels
Zaccy182

Car: 05 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18204

Postby BaSeLine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 am

[quote="Zaccy182"][quote="Jack_Keaka"]unfortunately just like every other job in the world you get dickheads who are incompetent. I'm all for standing up for police as i know many. but thats just a cop who is abusing his authority. theres not much you can do in preventing douche bags from getting a job a an officer. you can only discipline them when its too late.
on the opposite end of the spectrum there was that cop that got murdered this afternoon in Sydney. you gotta give them credit for doing one of the toughest jobs in the world.[/quote]

+1 Well said. I too know many police including highly decorated family members. It's unfortunate that this stuff happens, but you never see or hear the full story. The guy in orange could have been threating the officer with a syringe or something. Yes the 3 hits were probably 3 too many but the officer was doing his job and came down to his judgement.[/quote]

Guys, you have made some good points. I think this thread should of been in another topic as this is no laughing matter!
BaSeLine

Car: MY05 Lib GT MT SDN

Postby shav » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 pm

reminds me of the Rodney King situation quite a number of years ago.

On topic though, I don't think there is any need for that sort of retaliation from the officer unless his life was in danger. I kind of expect better from those we are supposed to look up to.

Not a good way to set an example for younger generation looking to join the force is it? Sets a real negative precedence for those who do not know the full story. Sadly first impressions aren't easy to look past.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Return to Humour