Heart breaking road accident

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

Heart breaking road accident

Postby Ric » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 am

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bitte ... 2823c.html

The beer was flowing on the Hume Freeway this morning when a truck lost control near Broadford and spilled its load across 100 metres of the road.

And the hangover is expected to last until early afternoon, with one south-bound lane closed and the speed limit reduced to 40km/h on other south-bound lanes while the smashed beer bottles are cleared from the freeway.

Police said the truck was loaded with beer and heading towards Melbourne when it overbalanced about 1.50am near the Broadford-Kilmore Road Bridge.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the truck driver appeared to have veered onto the median strip, up an embankment and hit some trees before correcting the steering and manoeuvring the vehicle back onto the freeway.

A VicRoads spokesman said the load of beer crashed off the truck, and glass and beer spilled across 100 metres of the freeway.

Contractors were due to begin unloading the damaged beer truck at 7.30am, however the roadway would then have to be cleaned.

‘‘A sweeper will be required to clear the road, and they might need to do a wash after that,’’ he said.

Traffic was flowing well at 7.30am, but delays are expected to build between 9am and 10am.

The freeway is expected to be re-opened by early afternoon.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: Heart breaking road accident

Postby Kody.B » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 am

| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Kody.B

Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714