We are Australian

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

We are Australian

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

WE ARE AUSTRALIANS! ('Nuff said!)

We, the people of a free nation of blokes, sheilas and the occasional wanker. We come from many lands (although a few too many of us come from New Zealand) And although we live in the best country in the world, we reserve the right to bitch and moan about it whenever we bloody like.

We are One Nation but we're divided into many States:
First, there's Victoria, named after a queen who didn't believe in lesbians. Victoria is the realm of Mossimo turtlenecks, cafe latte, grand-final day and big horse races. Its capital is Melbourne, whose chief marketing pitch is that 'it's liveable'..
At least that's what they think. The rest of us think it is too bloody cold and wet.

Next, there's NSW, the realm of pastel shorts, macchiato with sugar, Thin books read quickly and millions of dancing queens. Its capital, Sydney, has more queens than any other city in the world and is proud of it. Its mascots are Bondi lifesavers who pull their speedos up their cracks to keep the left and right sides of their brains separate.

Down south we have Tasmania, a state based on the notion that the family that bonks together stays together. In Tassie, everyone gets an extra chromosome at conception.
Maps of the State bring smiles to the sternest faces.

South Australia is the province of half-decent reds, a festival of foreigners and bizarre axe murders. SA is the state of innovation. Where else can you so effectively re-use country bank vaults and barrels as in Snowtown, Just out of Adelaide (also named after a queen). They had the Grand Prix, but lost it when the views of the track caused the Formula One drivers to sleep at the wheel.

Western Australia is too far from anywhere to be relevant. Its main claim to fame is that it doesn't have daylight saving because if it did all the men would get erections on the bus on the way to work. WA was the last state to stop importing convicts and many of them still work there in the Government and business.

The Northern Territory is the red heart of our land. Outback plains, sheep stations the size of Europe, Kangaroos, Jackaroos, Emus, Uluru and dusty kids with big smiles.
It also has the highest beer consumption of anywhere on the planet and its creek beds have the highest aluminum content of anywhere too. Although the Territory is the centre piece of our national culture, few of us live there And the rest prefer to fly over it on our way to Bali.

And there's Queensland ............While any mention of God seems silly in a document defining a nation of half-arsed sceptics, it is worth noting that God probably made Queensland- it's beautiful one day and perfect the next. Why he filled it with dickheads remains a mystery.

Oh yes, and there's Canberra . The least said the better.

We, the citizens of Oz, are united by Highways, whose treacherous twists and turns kill more of us each year than murderers. We are united in our lust for international recognition. Not that we're whingeing; we leave that to our Pommie immigrants.

We want to make 'no worries mate' our national phrase, 'she'll be right mate' our national attitude and 'Waltzing Matilda' our national anthem. (So what if it's about a sheep-stealing crim who commits suicide??)

We love sport so much our news readers can read the death toll from a sailing race And still tell us who's winning. And we're the best in the world at all the sports that count, Like cricket, netball, rugby, AFL, roo-shooting, two-up and horse racing.

We also have the biggest rock, the tastiest pies and the worst-dressed Olympians in the known universe.

We shoot, we root, we vote. We are girt by sea and pissed by lunchtime. Even though we might seem a racist, closed-minded,
Sports-obsessed little people, at least we feel better for it.

I am........., you are.........., we are Australian.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Re: We are Australian

Postby speakafreaka » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Hate to do this, but Melbourne's average rainfall is around 650mm a year. Sydney's average rainfall is around 1175 mm a year.
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Re: We are Australian

Postby XT_for_me » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm

speakafreaka wrote:Hate to do this, but Melbourne's average rainfall is around 650mm a year. Sydney's average rainfall is around 1175 mm a year.

Why hate to do it?

Living in Sydney you are 4 times more likely to be struck by lightening than if you live in Melbourne.
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

XT_for_me

Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT

Return to Humour