6.3L AMG dragrace

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

Re: 6.3L AMG dragrace

Postby subarugt » Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm

you guys didn't get my point. My point is the amg is way over priced for that speed.
Sure if the amg spend the same amount of money as the gt to mod it might be faster or maybe not because all cars have their limitations and the amg is way too heavy. But look at the price a brand new amg will cost around $160k+? vs lib gt $60k?
I am sure lots of member's lib can out run amg in this forum.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby teK-- » Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 pm

But even if a car as fast and cheaper, does that make it as desirable and exclusive as an AMG? No.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Spec B Wgn » Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm

andy we all drive subarus some a lot faster then youra but the consensus here is the AMG 6.3 will eat us all

end of story and they are worth every cent imo..
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby Fangin_RX » Tue May 18, 2010 8:28 pm

haha i get drag raced by Type R's around here but i provoke them lmao, I sit there and give the car a few revs and the Type R driver generally Red lines it, VTEC must be shit :lol:. he needs to hit 3rd gear before getting past me and i drive a bloody auto. Still i dont see why people with "OMG LOOK AT THAT Rah rah rah" cars need to race people? Drag races mean nothing to me, If i want to prove who is the better drive lets go to a track.
MY00 Subaru Liberty (Legacy) RX 2.5L / 2009 Honda CRF250R
P PLATER
-------------------------------------------------------
Fangin_RX
-stickered-

Car: MY00 Liberty RX 2.5L - Gen 3

Postby jdm rsk » Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Spec B Wgn wrote:andy we all drive subarus some a lot faster then youra but the consensus here is the AMG 6.3 will eat us all

worth every cent? that negotiable
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby Arith » Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm

jdm rsk wrote:
Spec B Wgn wrote:andy we all drive subarus some a lot faster then youra but the consensus here is the AMG 6.3 will eat us all

+1

Considering they are half the price in America, every single Euro car is overpriced IMO. However, their small numbers do make them more exclusive.
Last edited by Arith on Tue May 18, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby subarugt » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm

teK-- wrote:But even if a car as fast and cheaper, does that make it as desirable and exclusive as an AMG? No.

I don't know I guess I am just never into AMGs. If I had that money I will buy a GTR that's cheaper and faster.

And cars in Australia are just way over priced.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby Sentinel » Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

andygt wrote:
teK-- wrote:But even if a car as fast and cheaper, does that make it as desirable and exclusive as an AMG? No.

I don't know I guess I am just never into AMGs. If I had that money I will buy a GTR that's cheaper and faster.

And cars in Australia are just way over priced.

Have you ever owned or driven one for any length of time? Or an BMW M car? You may have a different view if you have...

Is it WORTH it? Well that's a different story... See, worth and value are two different things, but both are perceived by the purchaser based on their wants, needs and desires. To me, I agree with Jimbo - here is Aust, they are over priced due to LCT... Take the LCT out of the equation, and I'd then say that they are worth it compared to the Australian offerings and present good value on a performance / luxury basis. With the pricing incl LCT, it just faaarrrks up the whole thing.

The value of a brand however is not easily determined and is strictly a personal point of view. Companies continually talk about brand value and to some, it means $millions.

teK - post a thread about draggin a 1980 corolla next time will ya! :wink:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Spec B Wgn » Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 am

jdm rsk wrote:

we have an C32 AMG in our family stable ... now this is only a 3.2 litre blown but it goes like the clappers and sounds great , stops great and is pure luxury to be in plus it still looks new & drives new ..

depreciation would have hurt if we had bought it brand new but we didnt so for us its worth every cent..

And it has a built in GPS ?? Hi Shane

Q
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby Roddez » Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 am

andygt wrote:I will buy a GTR that's cheaper and faster.

Please do!
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Previous

Return to Humour