Wanna be Beemer

Funny stuff. Nothing too obscene please...

Re: Wanna be Beemer

Postby Arith » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 am

tangcla wrote:People don't buy a Ferrari because they're fast - you can buy a POS VL Turbo and make it faster than a Ferrari if you spend the same amount of money. People buy it for the image, the prestige, the style.

I respect people who decide they want to spend their $100,000 on a car instead of something else. Because everyone has their own priorities and how they spend their money is their business.

But it irks me when those same people look down on or snub their noses at people who don't drive $100,000+ cars, with the belief that they are better people because they drive more expensive cars.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby coyote » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am

tangcla wrote:If it weren't for the style factor, why doesn't everyone go and buy a Hyundai Excel?

Because they are shit to drive.

Give me the option to buy a $100k car that has the practicality of a wagon, the handling and feedback of an Elise, the power and sound of a Ferrari, the reliability of a Porsche, the comfort of a Lexus, and the looks of an Excel .... and I'd knock you over in my rush to put down my money.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby nytrojen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 am

coyote wrote:
tangcla wrote:If it weren't for the style factor, why doesn't everyone go and buy a Hyundai Excel?

Because they are shit to drive.

Give me the option to buy a $100k car that has the practicality of a wagon, the handling and feedback of an Elise, the power and sound of a Ferrari, the reliability of a Porsche, the comfort of a Lexus, and the looks of an Excel .... and I'd knock you over in my rush to put down my money.

RS6? Well... not quite... but first thing that comes to mind
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby tangcla » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

nytrojen wrote:RS6? Well... not quite... but first thing that comes to mind

nah the RS6 doesn't have the look of an Excel :P
Last edited by tangcla on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby nytrojen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 am

Hence why I said not quite ;)
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby 05gtwagonman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Well, hasn't this been an entertaining thread! Doesn't really belong in the humour thread category... But anyways I choose to bite!

I sell amongst other things, High end HiFi as a wholesaler. And I can tell you that the higher price, more exclusivity, exclude the thronging plebs, can and does work. To all thouse who state that there is no value in a beemer, and it is only about being a wanker- you only have two alternatives. You speak out in ignorance and jelousy, or you speak out in ignorance and youthful studidity. Ethen's ears now burn.

I love Suby product, and still have an xt foz for the family. I rep so I do a lot of k's. I now have a second hand 06bf xr6turbo. Now I expect to hear groans.
This is the same in reverse of the Beemer condition.
Almost all you guys have nice cars. I understand being proud, I was.

But go to a dealer in a suit and try a 135i or better yet a 335i... Ferk the 335 turned my crank, but I really can't justify the cost of even a second hand one.

Don't be pissy 'cause you can't afford and the other guy can! Think- if you were the one with the model looks girlfriend in the room full of next door Jane's on the other guys arms, you would be hard pressed not at least being a little cocky on the inside! These guys act like cocks because they have low self esteems, but it donsn't change the fact that the cars rock.

Some of you guys would look down on falcons.
I get to spend 20k on a car just out of warranty and another 2k on small mods, and get 1700kg 250kw at the treads and a great car to run around as a rep in. I feel soooooooo dirty, loving my lib like I did, but I take solice in beating every single car I have ever run, to the speed limit. Oh. except for the flash arse Stafan wanna be in his brand new 911 turbo. Yep. he did stay in front- but I relished the look on his face when he realised it wasn't a pantsing! My point is, I think he could be a wanker, but I love his car, and I mightn't put my hard earned down on exactly what he bought if I had the money, but I can certainly see why he did.
Don't be small and try and lambast a car, make, or the wanker with money- you look small. But by all means, employ yourself in an intelligent critique, and we'll all have fun in the process...
Remember that we are all individuals, and we best not make the proton drivers of the world feel toooooo bad- they might accidently buy the exact same car as you and help proove (just like volvos previous and camrys now to name 2) that the car you drive might be the preferance of a group capable of being labled and mariginalised...

Long live the gen4 lib. (what's with the gen5???) but grow a little and understand that we love just one car that is worthy... There are others. :D
/rant.
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby smythie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Rant? That was bloody well said :good:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby teK-- » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Rantastic! That's a good way to put it into perspective.

Just as much as a BMW driver probably looks down on my Subaru, I do look down at someone's beaten up Hyundai. Personally though I see beyond the car itself and realise that regardless of the badge on the front, it is still a real person sitting behind the wheel, and probably their car is all they can afford but is still their pride and joy.

Can't disrepect that. Proof is that when I drive to work every day I have to go through this bastard of an intersection where I have to turn across 2 lanes of traffic and give way. Routinely, drivers of all the types of cars mentioned will stop for me even though they don't have to.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Boxer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

05gtwagonman wrote:, High end HiFi as a wholesaler. /rant.

like what?
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby 05gtwagonman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks for a little positivity you two... Ah, I have other issues unrelated to this from today, and I can be forthright... But I might still have a point... Maybe.

Boxer- High end HIFI? There are several brands, we deal in speakers from $1000 to $65000 and amps and front end often around the $10k to $20k. One of the top headphone brands too...Im happy to answer the question for you in detail personally. But I don't like to leave too much info on the web this open... Some really well known brands though. And always happy to help for forum members...

Still love the open discussion on this forum though...
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby Boxer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 pm

Nah just being nosey and reference for future ;)
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

I think one thing that has to be remembered with topics/threads like this is that a lot of the comments are said tongue in cheek to increase the post numbers and have a laugh. Don't read too seriously into things, it spoils all the fun!

:mrgreen:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby andy85 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Bimmers an Audis are nice.... BUT they really aint worth that much more than our Jap based cars. Seriously if for example both are 07 models same kms RS4 approx $130,000 and GTB STI $45,000. Surely the RS4 is better but its not $85,000 better. Just the price tag on euro cars are insane!!! :angry2: :angry2:
08 H6 Liberty Wagon Stealth Install
Processor - BitOne
Front Stage - Crescendo 8.9B | Front Amp - Arc Audio KS300.4
Sub - IDMAX 10" | Sub Amp - Arc Audio KS1000.1
Wiring- Stinger | Battery - Stinger SPV44
Sound Deadening - Dynamat Xtreme | Entire Floor | Trunk | Trunk Lid | Doors
Installer - FHRX | Sound Deadening - Me, myself and I
andy85

Car: MY08 H6 Wagon Tuned by KiDo Racing

Postby Mr04Liberty » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 am

So they drive a bimmer do they...
some how i think our if we invested as much money as it cost to by the z3 or whatever into a 2.5ltr turbo liberty
they would see nothing but the tail lights
its like who would take rwd vs awd or even 4wd
would those snobbish types look down on you yet they cant keep up?
would you look your nose down on an AE86 the king of drifting where it all began?
comparing cars is a very narrow minded area of peoples perception
there are so many ways to compare cars that there will always be something better in a different way
take liberty vs bimmer vs merc vs rx3 13b turbo vs lambo vs rolls
all better at different things in different ways
you cant be the best at everything...
MY04 TWINS
MY04 2.5i Liberty - My Car (Team White)
18" Lenso, Twin X-Force Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, Blitz Cabin Filter, Angel Eyes, HID's Low Beam, Super Low King Springs, Custom Tan Leather Interior
Wanted:Tan leather shift boot, handbrake boot, centre console. Adjustable coil overs, the never ending list...

MY04 2.0i Liberty - Wife's Car (Team White)
HID's Low Beam, LED's: Boot, Map Lights, Centre Light, HKS Panel Filter, Blitz Cabin Filter
Mr04Liberty

Car: MY04 2.5i Lib + MY04 2.0i Lib

Previous

Return to Humour