Bryant Park / Haunted Hills hillclimb - May-16

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

Bryant Park / Haunted Hills hillclimb - May-16

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 am

The MG Club are holding a double event at Bryant Park on Sunday May-16.
It's going to be in the forward direction in the morning (clockwise), and opposite direction in the afternoon.

At present this is going to be run as a "single-club" event, i.e. MG club members only. The CAMS licence fees rise about $400 to make it a "multi-club" event, so we'd need to get an extra 5 or 6 cars along just to break even.
Do you think we'd get enough takers from here and the WRX club if others could come? (You would need a CAMS "L2S" licence to compete. Entry fee would be $80.)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: Bryant Park / Haunted Hills hillclimb - May-16

Postby teK-- » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 am

I may be able to attend and bring 1 or two other people too. What is the usual layout of the events that the MG club run at Haunted Hills?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 am

Last year we had 59 cars running, and everyone got 4 runs (but there was a long delay to clear one car the rolled).
That was the first (and only time) we've used that circuit. It only had a CAMS permit to run in one direction at that time.

I think they would be aiming at a minimum of two runs in each direction, but hopefully three.
It's done by classes, so you run with your class, so everyone gets one run, then they run through the classes again. External clubs are usually run as an "Invited" class at the end of the MG classes.
Ric
Site Admin

Postby teK-- » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm

If I am thinking correctly, there are two tracks at that site, the old and new one. So basically each car would get 3-4 runs on the new track and that's it? Or am I misunderstanding. The new track laps are very very short so that is not much driving time at all.
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

No, there is only one track, in the shape of a figure 8.
The "normal" direction is around the outside, clockwise. The reverse direction is around the outside, anti-clockwise. Neither of these use the middle "crossover" section.

They are also able to run a short forward or reverse course, using the halfway crossover, or even do a full figure 8, doing the upper section one way, and the lower section the opposite way.

The fastest lap anyone was able to do last year was a fraction over sixty seconds.
Ric
Site Admin

Postby teK-- » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm

I think I'm going to have to give it a miss Ric, I'm not heading up there to only get 5 or 6 runs which would work out to less than 10mins of driving time!

Thanks for the heads up though hopefully other club members will make the event.
teK--
-stickered-

Postby adhar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm in. Might be able to talk my old man into coming too, but he doesn't like that track as much as i do.

There is a WRX day at HH on 13th Feb that i might go to as well.
adhar
-stickered-

Car: VE SS-V

Postby Lick the Knife » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi All,

I would be keen to go, it is the closest track to me and I am a member there. :D

As far as number of runs go, last meet I did there was with WRX club and there where just over 50 cars I think and we got 8 runs each. Certainly enough to keep me happy for the day. Don't want to thrash the every day drive to much. :wink:
Lick the Knife

Car: Liberty GT Wagon Gen5

Postby Ric » Sun May 16, 2010 5:29 am

Sorry this didn't get off the ground. It ended up being a single club event.
I'm eating brekky now, heading off at 6am to get there before 8:30. Damn it's early! :|
Ric
Site Admin

Postby Ric » Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 am

... and it didn't go so well for me. See what I did to my car here: -> viewtopic.php?p=124595#p124595
Ric
Site Admin

Return to Racing / Motorsport