Renault's Flavio Briatore and Symonds quit

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

Renault's Flavio Briatore and Symonds quit

Postby kaycy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 am

You can see Nelson Piquet practising how he was going to crash. I believe we won't see renault and Alonso next year in Formula one.

Team chief Flavio Briatore has sensationally quit the Renault Formula 1 team which has been hit by serious allegations of cheating at last year's Singapore GP'Flavio and Symonds have quite the team' - Renault.

Renault said in a short statement that Briatore and Pat Symonds, director of engineering, had both left the team ahead of a meeting Monday with the sport's world ruling body the IAF to explain recent allegations of race-fixing.

If Renault is found guilty of race-fixing it could be expelled from the sport for the role it played in an affair which has been dubbed "Crashgate"
kaycy

Car: Subaru Blitzen MY06

Re: Renault's Flavio Briatore and Symonds quit

Postby smythie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 am

yeah, I read that Flavio and Pat had quit. I wonder what will happen in the WMSC meeting on Monday night.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby SMI77 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:54 pm

left Renault.........hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately, as Lewis Hamilton was first of the title contenders, in 3rd, there should not be any resultant title arguements.

Renault still should get more than McLaren received from the FIA.
*** Team WAGON *** Team TONY *** Team WAGON *** Team SILVER *** Team WAGON *** Team 08 B4S *** Team WAGON *** Team VF52 *** Team WAGON ***
SMI77
-stickered-

Car: 08 GTB tbSTi 6mt silver wagon

Postby brendans225 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

bloody renault drivers :P :lol: :lol:
brendans225

Postby Posseltperformance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Yep with Pat and Flavio resigning me thinks guilty + If you watch the footage its just not something an F1 driver would do.... yes even Piquet.

it will be interesting to see what sanctions Renault get against them I don't think Bernie or Max would force them to leave the sport especially considering the two major players in this already have.

My 2C
2006 (pre-face lift) Atlantic Blue 3.0R Spec B + BajaDesigns Fuego driving lights
Posseltperformance

Car: 2006 Liberty Wagon 3.0RB

Postby smythie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah, they set the tone with the way they handled Mclaren this year with the stupidity after Melbourne. After Dennis fully stepped away from the team (something Max and Bernie have been manouvering for during the last 3 or 4 years) and the other guy was openly made the scapegoat the team was let off with a relative slap on the wrist. Back in 2007 I reckon the team would have gotten off with a lot less if Dennis had stepped down.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Renault are treated relatively lightly. Max and Bernie don't want one of the larger manufacturers to piss off out of F1, GP2 and various other classes
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Return to Racing / Motorsport