Formula 1 - 2016 Season

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

Formula 1 - 2016 Season

Postby SH30RB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 pm

What are you looking forward to this season?
Which driver do you think will be a stand out? And who will be the most boring?
What about the controversies leading up to and during the season?

I'm looking forward to seeing if Renault live up to their claims of halving the gap of the Mercedes dominance, and hopefully Daniel and Daniil can stick it to the Merc's

I also think, if you haven't heard about Geido van der Garde you should read up, that Geido is a) a f***wit with too much money and b) its dangerous for a car he hasn't driven in, hasn't had seats fitted to him but to race it at a fast pace!
Last edited by SH30RB on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: Formula 1 - 2015 Season

Postby SomeFReaK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 am

Mercs are looking very reliable so far...

Perfect melbs result - ham crashes into ros, giving ric the win, bot second and vet 3rd

Even if the mercs are dominating again this year, the closeness of ferrari, redbull and williams should make for a great season of racing. Cant wait to see what goes on in FP1 in 90 mins time :)
SomeFReaK

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25973

Postby DeeEyeWhy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Well gents, what a rubbish start to the season.

Renault half the gap.... Bahahaha. Bit of a shame, I was hoping to see D.Ric (Derek in our household these days lol) put up a fight this year, still outperforming the car but not gonna be a season to remember for him unfortunately.

Bring on Raikkonen in that Ferrari I say, if Renault don't pull their finger out by the years end and Ferrari keep putting points on the board, RBR could always jump ship to the prancing pony powerplants... Big call I know, but I've seen stranger things in F1.

Either way, we're in for a fight for the bottom step of the podium this year again. It's a shame, but it always ebbs and flows like this.

Looking forward to it all the same, hate the summer purely because of the motorsport drought haha.

Cheers,
Jezza
DeeEyeWhy

Car: 1990 Legacy POS-spec

Postby SomeFReaK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

yeah, it was disappointing to see another merc 1-2 to start the season. I still hope williams and ferrari keep them honest.

Alonso looks like he will be back for Malaysia too! Everyone got their foxtel/streams sorted?
SomeFReaK

Postby Corsair » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:23 am

DeeEyeWhy wrote:...if Renault don't pull their finger out by the years end and Ferrari keep putting points on the board, RBR could always jump ship to the prancing pony powerplants... Big call I know, but I've seen stranger things in F1.

Funny you mention (months in advance), 'cause apparently Ferrari made a 'generous offer' to Red Bull along these lines after Silverstone.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby imania » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Corsair wrote:
DeeEyeWhy wrote:...if Renault don't pull their finger out by the years end and Ferrari keep putting points on the board, RBR could always jump ship to the prancing pony powerplants... Big call I know, but I've seen stranger things in F1.

Funny you mention (months in advance), 'cause apparently Ferrari made a 'generous offer' to Red Bull along these lines after Silverstone.

I read somewhere that RBR was going to link up with Aston Martin, meaning they would utilise the mercedes powerplants...
imania

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi

Postby SomeFReaK » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:44 pm

imania wrote:I read somewhere that RBR was going to link up with Aston Martin, meaning they would utilise the mercedes powerplants...

Probably heard it in the sky coverage too. Its a great rumour, and holds more weight that RBR buying ferrari engines thats for sure...
SomeFReaK

Postby imania » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:55 am

Saddened by the loss of Jules Bianchi today/last night.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-1 ... es/6630430
imania

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi

Postby Corsair » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:43 pm

2015 was not a particularly good season, except for Lewis Hamilton. I was lucky enough to go see the Japan race at Suzuka though, and it was fantastic to see the track up close and feel the atmosphere, even if the result was predictable.

Now to look forward to 2016 and see how far Ferrari has potentially come and how far back Red Bull will likely have fallen thanks to their engine brinkmanship shenanigans. Also have Renault factory team and Haas as new entrants and (perhaps) even some improvement from Honda at last... though I won't hold my breath on that one.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Postby SH30RB » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Corsair wrote:2015 was not a particularly good season, except for Lewis Hamilton. I was lucky enough to go see the Japan race at Suzuka though, and it was fantastic to see the track up close and feel the atmosphere, even if the result was predictable.

Now to look forward to 2016 and see how far Ferrari has potentially come and how far back Red Bull will likely have fallen thanks to their engine brinkmanship shenanigans. Also have Renault factory team and Haas as new entrants and (perhaps) even some improvement from Honda at last... though I won't hold my breath on that one.

I definitely agree with you there about 2015. I was starting to get sick of seeing Merc 1 + 2 for nearly every race. the stand out races for my were Hungaroring, Singapore and COTA (the first 50% of the race)

2016 is going to be a far better year, Ferrari will be better equipped for a title push, HAAS have a stunning looking car, Renault are back! Red Bull are in unchartered territories and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with their power unit, whether they stay with Renault or whether they move to Ferrari or potentially Alfa Romeo... Maybe even VW

McLaren-Honda will hopefully be further up the field, and its good to see Rio 3 seconds slower than Pascal in the Manor's. Money can't buy talent, clearly.

I'm also over the moon about Kevin Magnussen getting a race seat after his very poorly handled dismissal from McLaren, and not to mention we finally lost the worst driver of all time! Although there will be less crashes.
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: Formula 1 - 2016 Season

Postby Corsair » Mon May 30, 2016 1:04 am

Much better than expected Monaco grand prix, but Riccardio got absolutely f$#%ed by his own team on that pit stop.It cost him a race which he had in the bag. After their dubious pit call in Spain, he has every right to be furious. :(

Nonetheless, props to Sergio Perez for getting third in a Force India - and holding Vettel off for a number of laps - and respect to Alonzo for getting fifth ahead of Rosberg.
Corsair
-stickered-

Re: Formula 1 - 2016 Season

Postby SomeFReaK » Tue May 31, 2016 6:08 pm

Corsair wrote:Much better than expected Monaco grand prix, but Riccardio got absolutely f$#%ed by his own team on that pit stop.It cost him a race which he had in the bag.

Your not wrong! Lets hope the updated "TAG" power unit keeps them fighting in a three way with Ferrari and Merc for the rest of the season.
SomeFReaK

Return to Racing / Motorsport