2011 Monaco GP

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

2011 Monaco GP

Postby zoidberg99 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello.

Thoughts on the race? Insert any red bull conspiracy theories here...>

I thought it funny that hamilton was passed by Schumi at the hairpin, so he thinks "i can do this!" and blindsides Massa. He's lucky a drive through was all he got for it...

Not sure if his second penalty was all too deserving, more of a racing incident.

BTW, HOW AWESOME IS MONACO?!! A flying lap around this place is just a thing a beauty! :P
zoidberg99
-stickered-

Car: 2005 MY06 3.0R-B

Re: 2011 Monaco GP

Postby sooobi » Mon May 30, 2011 5:58 pm

The second penalty was way more deserved than the first but they were both stupid manoeuvres.. Poor Maldonado had had a fantastic weekend and was in line for some very well deserved points.. that Lewis kept his place and his 20 second penalty meant NOTHING is a travesty.. sure it wasn't too bad a crash but MAL could not continue and collect his points..

Was an awesome race, including qually and even practice was worth watching.. shame Channel Ten can't be arsed showing us more.. thank f*ck for the internet, having to resort to crappy streaming is a bit of a joke though.. funnily enough it is well supported by Australian advertisers, including Canberra! (how does that work?!!).. almost watched more of it on the www than TV with all the ads channel ten puts in.. What happened to OneHD? I'd rather pay for it, than have them serve up such a pitiful effort for 'free'..

Anyway.. Vettel was SOOO lucky, but drove very well.. Webber a little less lucky, but his was an awesome pass in the last stint and fastest lap, just too much Webber curse in play, still dunno just how he lost so many places at his 15 sec pit stop.. ALO drove with the usual aplomb.. he's farkin awesome at going for it the whole race distance.. Button showed (again) that he's no flash in the pan and deserved every point he got.. Hows McLaren has led 10,000 F1 laps now! That's some history! An awesome spectacle and a testament to the safety standards of the modern day.
Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4.. No mods, honest...
sooobi

Car: my05mt GT b.spec no neons
Profile URL: http://forum.liberty.asn.au

Postby Turtlez » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:48 pm

The Race was really good we managed to see the good teams excel in tyre strategies and also see them fail with tyre's. Taking into account how shocking Redbull's first two stops were, with poor communication from car to radio due to issues at the track. Not to mention Hamilton's stop with the similar happening to the mclaren team. I think Vettel did well on the Prime tyres, and I think if Jaime did not rear end hamilton then Alonso would have over taken vettel and I believe Button would have taken the win, as he had much fresher tyres and closed a massive gap at the end.

One HD has the rights to all F1 events Practice Qually and Race, We only see Australian Practice as its Australia and they show it all. The only reason they dont show Practice anywhere else is it cuts into the TV time they can use to show stupid shows that give them more money, as Practice is not watched very often. The good think about One HD is the race is Live and So is Qually, Although the ads are a bit too much, the BBC go live through the whole race with no ads because its big dollars to host the race on TV in Europe. I would also like to see One HD show some of the after race shows from the BBC.

The reason he lost so much time was the tyres were still in the garage, as the radios were not working and there was still 15+ cars on the lead lap, the same thing happened to Schui, he was 5th I think, and then pitted for tyres and ended up 16th. Lewis deserved all of his penalties diving up the inside of that hairpin is never going to work well, there is not enough lock on the car to do that sort of move.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby sooobi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Turtlez wrote:The good think about One HD is the race is Live and So is Qually

Only when the ARL season finishes.. right now it's only live on onehd.com and just recently iphone etc..

If SBS had the rights I guarantee they'd do a MUCH better job.. including practice and the full interviews.
Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4.. No mods, honest...
sooobi

Car: my05mt GT b.spec no neons
Profile URL: http://forum.liberty.asn.au

Return to Racing / Motorsport