Go Webber!!!

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

Go Webber!!!

Postby Lucy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 pm

What a race! :clapping:

18th on the grid and pulls 3rd! Red Bull better understand that they don't have a number 2 driver, they have 2 highly gifted drivers and both deserve the best equipment that Red Bull can deliver. The rest of the season is going to be a cracker!!!!!!!
Lucy

Car: 2008 GT Tuned by STI Pearl White

Re: Go Webber!!!

Postby smythie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 am

yep, top drive from Webber. I reckon for those Red Bull boys there is probably justification to only use Primes and get as far into Q2 as possible and run the Prime at the start of the race (when you're going to be compromised by other slower drivers around you) and use the Options for the remainder. Then again, getting out in front and pissing off is still probably the safest route
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby zoidberg99 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 am

Awesome drive - he seemed to make the softs work for alot longer than most, towards the end his times where consitently 2-3 seconds quicker than the front runners.
zoidberg99
-stickered-

Car: 2005 MY06 3.0R-B

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Its about time that some luck came his way, poor bastard always seems to cop it for some reason!
Egg

Car: MY07 Spec B Wagon Pearl white

Postby AL0500 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Best race so far this year. Not more than approx 10sec covered the top 5 all race.

Had Webber been able to make some spots up in the first few laps he would have actually won it. I agree with Smythie, the way in which Webber came about his result (and to a lesser degree Lewis) will be on notice in the paddock.... The Primes on low fuel are amazing and do not go off nearly as quick.
Adam
- MY08 GTB tb STi Wagon
- MY07 Outback Premium
AL0500

Car: MY08 GTB tb STi Wagon

Postby smythie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

zoidberg99 wrote:Awesome drive - he seemed to make the softs work for alot longer than most, towards the end his times where consitently 2-3 seconds quicker than the front runners.
He was on the soft "Options" at the end of the race while everyone else was on the hard "Primes". The options were credited during the first couple of days of the weekend as giving a 1 second advantage. He was also one of the last to pit, he certainly pitted a fair bit later than the others in the top 6 so he also had the benefit of tyres that had copped less use. He also happened to be in one of the two fastest cars on the grid.

AL, the softer of the two available tyres are called "Options" rather than "Primes". Webber was on the soft tyres for the rest of the race after his first pit stop.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby AL0500 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

smythie wrote:
zoidberg99 wrote:Awesome drive - he seemed to make the softs work for alot longer than most, towards the end his times where consitently 2-3 seconds quicker than the front runners.
He was on the soft "Options" at the end of the race while everyone else was on the hard "Primes". The options were credited during the first couple of days of the weekend as giving a 1 second advantage. He was also one of the last to pit, he certainly pitted a fair bit later than the others in the top 6 so he also had the benefit of tyres that had copped less use. He also happened to be in one of the two fastest cars on the grid.

AL, the softer of the two available tyres are called "Options" rather than "Primes". Webber was on the soft tyres for the rest of the race after his first pit stop.

Noted, my bad....tired and using the iPhone while taking a break. Cheers mate.
Adam
- MY08 GTB tb STi Wagon
- MY07 Outback Premium
AL0500

Car: MY08 GTB tb STi Wagon

Return to Racing / Motorsport