SMSP Gen5 GT Wagon 1'57'1

Discuss F1, V8s, etc., as well as competing in your Liberty.

SMSP Gen5 GT Wagon 1'57'1

Postby aySKE » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:36 am

So the family wagon survives another track night!
Changes from the first time

Stock Power > dump + tune
Intima SR fronts > RR Track pads
Stock brake lines > Braided
T2 Front rotors > T3
PS4 tyres > Sailun Atrezzo R01 180TW

End quick thoughts, track pads gave tonnes more confidence, coupled with the lines. I still need to stomp harder in some places. The Sailuns did pretty good as well, though at times did push probably due to lack of camber up front (1.5~). It'll be interesting to see how many track days left in them

Looking back on my PB I still feel I can improve my lines a lot more, way wide in some areas but a huge improvement of my old @ 2:02'7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChnTv1Z0DIA
aySKE

Re: SMSP Gen5 GT Wagon 1'57'1

Postby Yowie » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:00 pm

Cheers for the post and video.

How have you found the Intima SR track pads then the RR Track pads? (street and track)?

When my brake pads need replacing I probably need something more suitable (than OEM) for dirt track use, but the car is road-driven 99% of the time.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Re: SMSP Gen5 GT Wagon 1'57'1

Postby aySKE » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:06 pm

The SR's are great albeit dusty for street. I would not want to go something weaker than the SR, and I feel it's plenty for street for our 1500kg cars. After using the RR pads I would never go back to SR for track. It's doable as maybe your first time but you will get pad fade and it feels a bit scary going into a hard turn eg the 2x apex at SMSP

These track pads can be streetable but when cold feels nearly worse than an OEM pad, for eg this morning a van pulled past my driveway and I needed to apply quite a bit of force where as the operating temp I think is 50c+

If you do any form of racing, I think having SR street/RR for racing perfect. I will swap mine out this weekend
aySKE

Return to Racing / Motorsport