Pedders Xtreme Coilovers

Re: Pedders Xtreme Coilovers

Postby 04GTLIB » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:33 am

drndrn wrote:Hey Reade,

Have you got the spring rates for these coilovers yet?

Darren.

+1 for spring rates.

Cheers.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby GT_Tony » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 am

most of these coilovers only have a years warranty... if we come back in a year and a half with a leaky or damaged coilover.. how much will you charge us to rebuild them?

for us guys up in QLD.. does that mean if any problems PEDDERS QLD will have to send the item down to you in Melb?

(sorry for the unusal questions but i am intrested in coilovers for my lib. (haveing Racing Logics in my forester i know how important having good customer support is)

and of corse.. can you do cheaper through a group buy?
*** Team Tony *** 555 ***
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby teK-- » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 am

The last time I spoke to Reade his franchisee agreement frowns upon organising arrangements where he ships parts out to areas other than near his store.

He could organise a group buy but technically you would have to all go to his store to get them fitted or alternatively he would ship all units to close to where his store is (south melbourne)

As for aftersales support it is via any Pedders store nation wide. Not sure of rebuild costs.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby PEDSM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 am

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the slow reply

Spring rates are

Front : 6kg / mm or 335lbs / inch
Rear : 8kg /mm or 447lbs / inch

6kg, 8kg, 10kg, 12kg and 14kg springs are avaliable

These kits are a sealed unit and unfortunately are not rebuildable, however all of our parts come with a 2 year nationwide warranty so any Pedders store will be able to assist you should you have a product fault.

teK-- is correct, i wont freight stock anywhere, im always happy to help out Vic members but interstate guys will have to go and see their local store
PEDSM

Car: Xr4

Postby drndrn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

So what happens after the 2 years is up and the coilovers start to wear out? A new set? :S
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby teK-- » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Wearing out isn't covered by warranty anyway even if it happens within the first 2 years :)
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby drndrn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:05 pm

but i mean, with others you can rebuild, these.. you just replace?
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby PEDSM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 am

drndrn wrote:but i mean, with others you can rebuild, these.. you just replace?

Correct
PEDSM

Car: Xr4

Postby Weerty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey all,

For what its worth, i had a set of these coilovers on my previous car (Accord Euro) and they were fantastic..
(Got the coilovers at cost and got them to put it in for a 6pack of burbon and cola's... mates rates!)

Fully adjustable height, and about 30-35 compression ratio settings - can really feel the difference...

I had both front and rears set on about 20-25 (close to hardest) and it was quite firm, but not too uncomfortable. Also had 19x8.5 rims with 35 profile tyres at the time.

(Some passengers disagreed but i liked it).
Weerty

Car: MY08 Liberty Wagon 2.5T GT Spec B

Postby owen » Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

ok I picked up and installed a set of these today.

first off, THANK YOU READE for the tremendous help. it was honestly one of the most pleasant transactions I've ever made.
cant recommend him enough, big thumbs up for the service I received.

as for the product, initially it felt a little too soft for what I wanted so I started playing around with the damper adjustments. turns out the difference between hard and soft is huge. I've yet to test them properly, havent had time to adjust heights and haven't done a wheel alignment either. so far it feels very good.
no camber tops tho, which was a little disappointing till I saw the camber bolts where the coilovers bolt on to which gives me more than enough camber for what I need.
so..yes I can definitely recommend these as a BC alternative, and I highly doubt u'd get anywhere near as good service from them.

Owen
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby hamish_023 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Arnt they just BCs powder coated red?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby owen » Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Arnt they just BCs powder coated red?

"they come from the same factory however they have been re-engineered to suit Aussie roads. BC have camber/pillow ball tops that knock after a few months." - thats what reade told me word for word.
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby yipming » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Actually am half considering these once the Bilsteins are gone.
Probably will keep those in storage and rebuilt but would like to try some coilover to make the car more livable day to day and turn it up on track days.

I have had past experience with Tein, etc and they seems to only know hard, harder and rock hard.
So perhaps Pedders is a good way to go. Would be supporting local business too ...
yipming

Car: Subaru Liberty GTB

Postby barbalatte » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Anything for the MY10 GT Liberty?

Also, I have a set of KW V2's in my Audi S3. Can you fix s small leak I have on the rears?
barbalatte

Car: Liberty GT MY10

Previous

Return to Pedders SM