Group Buy EOI - Linea Corse Rims.

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Group Buy EOI - Linea Corse Rims.

Postby 04GTLIB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 am

Guys.

Wanted to post up a group buy expression of interest thread to see if any members are keen/interested in the following Linea Corse rims...

Rim sizes are - 19" x 8.5" with a +45 offset.

I recently inquired about a set of these wheels at a Sunshine Coast Rota wheel distributor who stocks them in the above sizes but with a 5 x 114.3 PCD.
They are unable to order a single set with a Liberty 5 x 100 PCD, so I have asked if they can possibly do an order of three or four sets.

So guys, if your keen please post up a reply.

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Re: Group Buy EOI - Linea Corse Rims.

Postby Kekotic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey mate nice looking rims, bit of a long shot trying to get a group buy going for them but best of luck.
Have you tried searching around elsewhere to see if you can get ones with 5 x 100 PCD?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby drndrn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am

Love these rims, not in that fitment though. Something hellaflush like 18x9 +30 i think it was. Now they're sexy. Wheeldude.com sell them, perhaps try get a quote off them to ship to Aus?
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby 04GTLIB » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 pm

drndrn wrote:Love these rims, not in that fitment though. Something hellaflush like 18x9 +30 i think it was. Now they're sexy. Wheeldude.com sell them, perhaps try get a quote off them to ship to Aus?

The 9" wide rims do look the business :wink:but I'm pretty sure a lot of work needs to be done to the guards to get them to fit, so I'll give them a miss.:D
I know of the Wheeldude site, but I haven't spoken to them yet as I really wanted to deal with someone local and the Sunshine Coast guys seem to be the only ones stocking this particular wheel. They can get these in, but they want a minimum order of 5 sets and so far it doesn't look like that many people are keen so I'm searching for alternatives. :wink:
I only today received a reply from someone selling these on the US Legacy forum, they have no 19" rims in stock at the moment so I'm finding out when he'll have more in stock. So fingers crossed and I'll post an update when I hear something.

Cheers.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby [ITS-STI] » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Dude... I might have something for you very shortly... I have just ordered and paid for a set of 19" x 8.5" Stern Supermesh ST7 wheels with a poor +35 offset... Just need some 10mm spacers and that is about it... Post pictures up soon! Cheers, Nick
Mahtava: "I have just redefined low ball offers..." chaotic2050: "You can't redefine [ITS-STI]..."
[ITS-STI]

Car: Liberty GT Spec B. Tuned By STi

Postby blacktop™ » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:44 pm

dude they're gonna stick out so far! is that 10mm spacer really necessary lol

cant wait to see it though :D
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby smythie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah, if you're hoping that the 10mm spacer will change the +35mm offset to +45mm you're mistaken (or someone has sold you a lie) - the offset with the 10mm spacer will be +25mm. Not a good setup for a Liberty without a heap of guard pulling
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby [ITS-STI] » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Oh no! Please don't tell me that! I paid a lot of money getting these wheels here... The wheels are 19" x 8.5" and have a 35mm offset.. I have a 2007 Subaru Liberty Tuned By STi with Brembo Calipers that require 45mm offset and above if i am not mistaken? The wheels should fit but the offset is incorrect... I really dont want them to stick out but i am putting the 10mm spacers on the front only in order to clear the Brembos... Was i mis informed? Cheers, Nick
Mahtava: "I have just redefined low ball offers..." chaotic2050: "You can't redefine [ITS-STI]..."
[ITS-STI]

Postby [ITS-STI] » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 pm

The reason why i was prowling about this section was because Rusty and I seem to have the same soft spot for "Mesh" wheels... I had alrady asked if someone could make the same set of wheels but in a 5x100 stud pattern but was sadly let down... The only thing close were the wheels i had purchased... I think i might be in for a rough ride? Cheers, Nick
[ITS-STI]

Postby blacktop™ » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi nick, check the 'hella flush' offset wheel thread or whatever it's called in the wheels/tyre/suspension section and have a look at my pics...they're 8.5 +38 all round. So if yours are the same width but a +35 offset it means that yours will stick out 3mm more than mine. What you have is a pretty low offset when compared to other people on here...most guys on here like a very conservative offset.

Personally I think it looks perfect at the back but at the front they stick out 5mm further than the rear and this is the case with all gen 4 libs. So if you have to put a spacer on to clear your brembos I think it might actually look quite ridiculous.

I hope for your sake that they clear the brembos! And while offset does play a part in whether wheels clear brakes or not, it's more the spoke design...
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby smythie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:53 am

[ITS-STI] wrote:Oh no! Please don't tell me that! I paid a lot of money getting these wheels here... The wheels are 19" x 8.5" and have a 35mm offset.. I have a 2007 Subaru Liberty Tuned By STi with Brembo Calipers that require 45mm offset and above if i am not mistaken? The wheels should fit but the offset is incorrect... I really dont want them to stick out but i am putting the 10mm spacers on the front only in order to clear the Brembos... Was i mis informed? Cheers, Nick
You have been misinformed. You will not need spacers for 8.5" wheels with a +35mm offset to clear the OEM Brembo calipers on a tb STi. (that is unless the spokes are as thick back from the face of the wheel as a Landcruiser wheel). +35mm means you have 10mm more clearance than +45mm. Keep in mind that the stock tbSTi 12 spoke wheels are only 7.5" wide with a +55mm offset. At 8.5" wide you have an extra 12.7mm clearance with the wheel width then with the 20mm difference in offset (+35 vs +55) you will have over 30mm extra clearance for the calipers.

I have attached a diagram I found on LegacyGT a while ago that I think demonstrates the counter-intuitive way the offset specifications work. Lower offset means the wheel sits further out from the centreline of the car, not closer in.

You won't have a problem with those wheels clearing the calipers. Clearing the guards may be an issue, particularly if you have it lowered.
Attachments
sti offsets yy5.gif
sti offsets yy5.gif (10.81 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Postby drndrn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:20 pm

As smythie said, you should have plenty of clearance. With mesh rims the face sits flat so you should have tonnes of room. I run 18x9 +35's and I have a massive amount of room from caliper face to spoke, except when approaching the hub (wheels have concave face). The closest my spokes get to the caliper is the lower edges (the corner underneath the brembo logo), there I have approximately 10mm of clearance.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby [ITS-STI] » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I just want to say thank you for all the effort in explaining offset to me... It was very helpful an gave me knowledge on what to look for in the future... The wheels arrived this afternoon and i dummy fitted one on the front and THEY JUST FREAKING FIT! The only issue i have with these wheels is that the centre of the wheel does not fit flush with the centre of the hub... The centre of the wheel is slightly larger... I am so eager to slap a set of tyres on these babies and find a decent set of coilovers to drop over them... I will post pics shortly to give you guys a general idea especially for mr 04GTLIB... Oh, and sorry for whoring your thread! Cheers, Nick
[ITS-STI]

Postby Ric » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 pm

[ITS-STI] wrote:... The only issue i have with these wheels is that the centre of the wheel does not fit flush with the centre of the hub... The centre of the wheel is slightly larger...

Measure the size of your wheel centre, and the size of your hub. Any decent wheel shop should be able to supply a spacer which will fill the gap. You should do this to ensure the wheel centres perfectly, and the weight is taken by the hub rather than the studs.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby smythie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:45 am

The nuts on the studs are what actually centre the wheel on the hub. The loads from the wheel are transferred to the hub through the static friction between the wheel and hub face created by the tension you apply in the studs by tightening the nuts. Thus, the studs are not under shear forces but a constant tensile force and varying bending forces

All that said, hub centring rings are a legal requirement regardless of whether they actually serve any purpose. The subaru hub diameter is 56.1mm from my research
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Next

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories