GB for smoked tint for headlights, taillights or foglights

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Re: GB for smoked tint for headlights, taillights or fogligh

Postby tkboi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

hey Michael i had it on my car the other day if you didnt notice but no cops have said anything about my rear tailights, btw it was the tint not the spray
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby Nottage969 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

tkboi wrote:hey Michael i had it on my car the other day if you didnt notice but no cops have said anything about my rear tailights, btw it was the tint not the spray

I did notice it mate but his looks rreaaallly dark and because the Gen 3's have that whole back strip across the boot it's a lot more noticeable. Nice to know that no cops have noticed your's though :) Cheers.
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby dannyb88 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Nottage969 wrote:
dannyb88 wrote:i ended up using nightshades spray tint.. looks the goods imo..

I agree that it looks good! Would look good on my Silver as well :) However, once question i have; any cop attention so far? :?

(Next question will be where do i get me some of this spray tint :twisted: )

glad you like! :D
none so far. Ive been pulled over three times since ive done it too! once was an RBT so they wuldnt been worried about it though as they're there only for dui.. but the other two times were for speeding so they'd wanna d1ck you for whatever they could lol. once at nite, another at day. one even cheked under the bonnet.

Also, honestly that picture makes em look just a tiny bit darker than they are cos of the shadows i guess..
Heres another one with the light behind the camera:

Annnnnnd i got the can of nightshades off my mate. he'd done it so gave me the leftovers, so was free :) You'd be able to source it from your local auto store. i have a great one near me.. ebay even?

I haven't, but id recommend doing a clear coat over the top after a quick wet sand ..stuff like "Duplicolor Acrylic Lacquer Glossy Clearcoat" and ull get this Niiice looking glossy finish:

oooo:
Liberty RX MY00... BERTY
dannyb88

Car: BERTY.RX MY00.Ron Burgundy in color

Postby Nottage969 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 pm

dannyb88 wrote:
Nottage969 wrote:
dannyb88 wrote:i ended up using nightshades spray tint.. looks the goods imo..

I agree that it looks good! Would look good on my Silver as well :) However, once question i have; any cop attention so far? :?

(Next question will be where do i get me some of this spray tint :twisted: )

glad you like! :D
none so far. Ive been pulled over three times since ive done it too! once was an RBT so they wuldnt been worried about it though as they're there only for dui.. but the other two times were for speeding so they'd wanna d1ck you for whatever they could lol. once at nite, another at day. one even cheked under the bonnet.

Thanks for all the feedback mate, greatly appreciated! :)

Good to hear you haven't had any cop trouble, especially after being pulled over for speeding as well! :P I think i'll definitely consider doing it. How reversible is spraying the stuff on? Probably not at all!... :P Obviously the film i could peal straight off if i didn't like it but yeahhh...

You're right, doesn't look quite as dark as the first pic! And shit it looks dark on that black lib, too dark! :P Looks mint with a nice clear coat over it though, a lot better!

Thanks again for all the info mate, i think i'll definitely look into it! :)

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Nottage969

Postby dannyb88 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 am

Ahh reversibility isnt actually too bad.. My mates who did it before me is wearing off lol cos he washes his car fairly often.. basically i think a little bit of elbow grease and the right solvent and it wouldnt be much of a hassle :)

Yeah the clear coat looks niiice :)

show us some pics here if/when u end up doing it :D
Liberty RX MY00... BERTY
dannyb88

Car: BERTY.RX MY00.Ron Burgundy in color

Postby Nottage969 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am

dannyb88 wrote:Ahh reversibility isnt actually too bad.. My mates who did it before me is wearing off lol cos he washes his car fairly often.. basically i think a little bit of elbow grease and the right solvent and it wouldnt be much of a hassle :)

Yeah the clear coat looks niiice :)

show us some pics here if/when u end up doing it :D

Ah ok fair enough then. Guess you're right, it would be a similar sort of principle to like tyre black (as opposed to a comparison with actual black PAINT :P)

No drama's mate, i will do if i ever get the balls! :) lol

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Nottage969

Previous

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories