Group Buy - Mishimoto Intercoolers 3 weeks only - 10 EOI

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Re: Group Buy - Mishimoto Intercoolers 3 weeks only - 10 EOI

Postby shav » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:49 pm

The fit looks neat. Seems to clear the strut brace well too. Nice job. Didnt realize there was a right/wrong way of fitting the hose on. I reused my perrin hose on mine and didnt remove it. Fitted ok with some fiddling.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby crazyricochet » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 pm

ferret89 wrote:Nice! Glad to see that it fits with the round 08 strut brace, so you have your engine cover on now as well with no trimming?

My guess for the lack of engine cover clips is that the 08-14 WRX doesn't have an engine cover and is the primary market for this cooler

I found out it matters the hard way! I put the hose on the opposite way and the bolt holes did not line up at all.

I must be nit picky but in the video with the tmic install on a wrx it does have little welded on brackets for these clips haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7MbAbpZl8I

The engine cover still sits over it alright and I can push in the front 2 clips, it shouldn't rattle or move around anywhere with the bonnet closed though. I need some new engine cover clips as the one or two I had broke on me :D

Thanks for organising the group buy jack, now have seen the price on the mishimoto website at $900usd rrp! :lol:
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby shav » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm

That's cool to know there is a right and wrong way to fit the hose. Might get mine swapped later on when my major service is due.

Just updating, that I love what the TMIC has done for my car. The boost and torque is addictive.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby ferret89 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:22 pm

crazyricochet wrote:
ferret89 wrote:Nice! Glad to see that it fits with the round 08 strut brace, so you have your engine cover on now as well with no trimming?

My guess for the lack of engine cover clips is that the 08-14 WRX doesn't have an engine cover and is the primary market for this cooler

I found out it matters the hard way! I put the hose on the opposite way and the bolt holes did not line up at all.

I must be nit picky but in the video with the tmic install on a wrx it does have little welded on brackets for these clips haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7MbAbpZl8I

The engine cover still sits over it alright and I can push in the front 2 clips, it shouldn't rattle or move around anywhere with the bonnet closed though. I need some new engine cover clips as the one or two I had broke on me :D

Thanks for organising the group buy jack, now have seen the price on the mishimoto website at $900usd rrp! :lol:

When you put your engine cover back on did you just leave it to sit on top relatively loosely? On mine if I push it down on the top the plastic will squeeze between the strut brace and the cooler and sits there firmly but it'll also just sit on top ok as well. My other thought is that you'd want the plastic hood coming from the scoop to match up properly with the gap in the engine cover to get maximum airflow through it
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby ysKn » Thu May 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Has anyone received their missing bits?
ysKn

Car: MY07 Liberty

Postby kiwigene » Fri May 22, 2015 2:32 pm

ysKn wrote:Has anyone received their missing bits?

Nope, but it was just lanyard/stickers in my case, so I haven't bothered chasing Troy/Jack about it.

I think Troy said to contact him if you're missing the gasket/o-ring - although you can probably just reuse the existing one.
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Postby dwee. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am

Finally installed it last weekend (after finding an exploded cat in my dump.. :lol: ) Photos below!

ImageIMG_9860 by Peter Tran, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9861 by Peter Tran, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9862 by Peter Tran, on Flickr
Current: '09 SH9 XTP
Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR
dwee.

Car: MY09 Forester XTP SWP

Postby shav » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:55 am

That looks awesome Peter. Nice work
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby jacks-GTB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 am

Looks great:) super tidy
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby crazyricochet » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:11 pm

ferret89 wrote:
crazyricochet wrote:

When you put your engine cover back on did you just leave it to sit on top relatively loosely? On mine if I push it down on the top the plastic will squeeze between the strut brace and the cooler and sits there firmly but it'll also just sit on top ok as well. My other thought is that you'd want the plastic hood coming from the scoop to match up properly with the gap in the engine cover to get maximum airflow through it

Extremely late reply, but for completeness I did end up just slightly trimming the back of the engine cover with a multi tool for it to sit in there around the top of the cooler just that little bit better.

Turns out the engine cover started rattled somewhat when accelerating hard so to fix it wedged a piece of foam in-between the engine cover and strut brace, all good no more rattles!

Happy days
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby ferret89 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 pm

I did similar, I ended up kinda wedging it between the intercooler and brace and it seems to sit there alright.

IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg (243.84 KiB) Viewed 11426 times

Looks much better than my old stock cooler with bent fins etc. :lol:
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby jarrenowen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 pm

are there any of these left or is anyone selling one?
can't seem to find these on the australian market atm...
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby Philzorz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 pm

jarrenowen wrote:are there any of these left or is anyone selling one?
can't seem to find these on the australian market atm...

I second that would like one too but seems the only one i can find is way outta price range.
http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/products/mishimoto-tmic-suit-wrx-08-14-liberty-bl5-forester-sh-silver.html
Philzorz

Postby Mosti » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 am

Cheapest unit you'll find at the moment will probably be the AVO TMIC. A weak AUS$ is the reason why these have jumped up in price
Mosti
formerly "b4bullet"

Car: TB STi Wagon #43

Postby shav » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:21 am

If the prices arent much different I would go the PW or AVO option. Most of us jumped on the Mishimoto due to the brilliant group buy pricing. They were almost half the price of it's nearest competitor. But yeah, if the price is within 100-200 bucks, then go the PW version as they have a specifically designed shroud to aid better airflow.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Previous

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories