Subaru upper cylinder cleaner

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Re: Subaru upper cylinder cleaner

Postby overl0ad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 pm

ok.... so i totally forgot about this and didn't send anyone any money cos i didn't get the PM (was relying on that as a reminder)

anyways, how do i get my hands on 6 of them? happy to pay for postage to melbourne.
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby Ric » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 pm

overl0ad wrote:ok.... so i totally forgot about this and didn't send anyone any money cos i didn't get the PM (was relying on that as a reminder)

anyways, how do i get my hands on 6 of them? happy to pay for postage to melbourne.

How come it says you DID pay in this post? viewtopic.php?p=159404#p159404 :)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby overl0ad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:11 pm

promise that i don't have a transaction for $45 in my net banking or paypal...

i'm more than happy to make good if someone has made a mistake or whatever the case...
overl0ad

Postby Kekotic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Well that would mean your cans are in Rics possession, so if you pay ITS STI the money, everything will have gone to plan :D
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby overl0ad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:22 pm

ric / [ist / sti]

you guys happy for me to do this?
overl0ad

Postby Ric » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 pm

icnfly is picking up most of the cans from me at 8:30pm tonight. I'll discuss with him if there's actually 6 in there for you, but I think there are. :)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby THERB3 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Ric are you available on Thursday or Friday so I can pick up my 4 cans ?

Or even better just throw them towards the Shopping Centre way and I might catch them. :lol:
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Kekotic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:34 pm

icnfly when can I get them off you?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby icnfly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 pm

ok, i picked up 27 cans from Ric 2nite,

i will pm Gambit-2 cans, chaotic2050-6 cans, Overload-6 cans, Tek-2 cans and Jaydece-5 cans my mob number 2 organise pick up or meeting point to take delivery of cans.

the other 19 cans, Ric has organised for THERB3, 3rspecb and Tangcla to pick up or deliver themselves,

cheers
icnfly

Car: MY 07 Liberty GT Spec B Sedan 6sp

Postby Kekotic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 pm

So I just tried to do the cleaner on my car, using the vacuum hose that icnfly showed me when I picked the cans up (he has same car as me so no problems there)
He told me to spray in to the vacuum hose, which I did. It was stupidly hard to try and get any to go in there and the can kept stopping. After 10 mins of trying to spray it in (5 mins of trying to do half the bottle with the engine off, 5 mins to do the other half with the engine on) I gave up with about 1/4 of the can left. Car was not stalling at all with the hose off, and me spraying it into the hose.
Followed all the instructions, yet the only time when the car tried to stall badly was when I put the vacuum line back IN and started the car, and it stalled immediately.
I got no black smoke at all....

Can someone please confirm that you spray INTO the vacuum hose, and not the manifold where the hose connects to? The can says to spray in to the manifold but I know that on the turbo's you have to do it differently.....but still, it doesn't seem right what I am doing.

Any help?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby jaydece » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 pm

icnfly wrote:ok, i picked up 27 cans from Ric 2nite,

i will pm Gambit-2 cans, chaotic2050-6 cans, Overload-6 cans, Tek-2 cans and Jaydece-5 cans my mob number 2 organise pick up or meeting point to take delivery of cans.

the other 19 cans, Ric has organised for THERB3, 3rspecb and Tangcla to pick up or deliver themselves,

cheers

if gambit permits...I can probably pick up my cans and gambits.....since his car it OUT OF ORDER.... :lol:

icnfly? might be able to pick it up sometime this week? or even maybe during the weekend sometime....i'll keep you posted...

gambit? if you read this? if you would like me to pick up your cans? I can do that for you and then drop them off at racetec / brian...
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby icnfly » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:So I just tried to do the cleaner on my car, using the vacuum hose that icnfly showed me when I picked the cans up (he has same car as me so no problems there)
He told me to spray in to the vacuum hose, which I did. It was stupidly hard to try and get any to go in there and the can kept stopping. After 10 mins of trying to spray it in (5 mins of trying to do half the bottle with the engine off, 5 mins to do the other half with the engine on) I gave up with about 1/4 of the can left. Car was not stalling at all with the hose off, and me spraying it into the hose.
Followed all the instructions, yet the only time when the car tried to stall badly was when I put the vacuum line back IN and started the car, and it stalled immediately.
I got no black smoke at all....

Can someone please confirm that you spray INTO the vacuum hose, and not the manifold where the hose connects to? The can says to spray in to the manifold but I know that on the turbo's you have to do it differently.....but still, it doesn't seem right what I am doing.

Any help?

u sort of got it right,

1. warm up car 2 normal operating temperature
2. spray half can of cleaner in vacuum hose (i showed u) with engine off (use straw as supplied with can)
3. re-connect vacuum hose
3. start car and DONT make it stall, keep revs up, do this for bout 5 min
4. if u see white smoke then thats all the shit comin out
5. if u dont see white smoke then ur engine is pretty clean
6. with car running, unplug vacuum hose, spray rest of cleaner in vacuum hose, reconnect vacuum hose and get sumone else 2 keep revs up and not stall
7. do this for another 5 min to ensure cleaner is completely out of system
8. light up a smoke and relax...

subaru mechanic @ subaru dealer in doncaster told me 2 do it like this
if ur engine blows, im not responsible!!!!!
icnfly

Postby legacydan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:36 pm

do you spray it in the vacuum hose thats connected onto the top of the blow off valve or is there another one i should be spraying it into?
legacydan

Car: Legacy b4 jdm import

Postby icnfly » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 pm

legacydan wrote:do you spray it in the vacuum hose thats connected onto the top of the blow off valve or is there another one i should be spraying it into?

another one
icnfly

Postby Kekotic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 pm

icnfly wrote:u sort of got it right,

1. warm up car 2 normal operating temperature
2. spray half can of cleaner in vacuum hose (i showed u) with engine off (use straw as supplied with can)
3. re-connect vacuum hose
3. start car and DONT make it stall, keep revs up, do this for bout 5 min
4. if u see white smoke then thats all the shit comin out
5. if u dont see white smoke then ur engine is pretty clean
6. with car running, unplug vacuum hose, spray rest of cleaner in vacuum hose, reconnect vacuum hose and get sumone else 2 keep revs up and not stall
7. do this for another 5 min to ensure cleaner is completely out of system
8. light up a smoke and relax...

subaru mechanic @ subaru dealer in doncaster told me 2 do it like this
if ur engine blows, im not responsible!!!!!

I did all of the above, EXCEPT putting the vacuum hose back in after the initial half can.
That makes so much sense now, because I was following the instructions on the can. Technically speaking you never told me to plug it back in, and the cans instructions are for NA's I guess, which they just spray straight in to the throttle body.
I did have the upper engine cleaner run through about 5000km ago (3 months) so maybe that is another reason for it not working. But someone posted earlier that you should run the cleaner every month (Overkill much?) on the Turbo models :?

I guess mine is fairly clean as I did it all half right and I got zero smoke, so I will wait 6 months before I try the next one. Or do it myself just before the next service, whichever comes first.
Good to meet you the other night and thanks for the info.

I'll post some pics up maybe next weekend on where to run the cleaner on the post facelift turbo models for those that are interested. It's very easy to get to.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Previous

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories