MY04-09 Bonnet scoops

MY04-09 Bonnet scoops

Postby ULTREX » Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 am

Gents - we have new hot and aggressive looking bonnet scoops on the way.... orders will be shipping very early June

these scoops use existing holes at the front of the scoop to bolt in and 3m tape at the rear to keep it flat on the bonnet so no drilling is required ---however if you like drilling your bonnet, you can install these with drilling (instead of 3m tape) which holds the rear in position ....these pictures are using the 3m tape method to hold the rear scoop flat on the bonnet.

These scoops are provided in fibreglass and painting is required....but the finish of these is VERY high quality!

$225 plus delivery (delivery calculated by adding one to your cart on the website and then click calculate delivery post - enter your postcode)

We also have a very small number in carbon fibre which is $450 but they are not yet loaded on the website....

Fibreglass can be order via the website here http://www.ultrex.com.au/subaru-liberty ... p-348.html

Carbon - please pm me to order but these are very limited.

cheers

Rob
Ultrex Performance
http://www.ultrex.com.au
Last edited by ULTREX on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ULTREX

Re: Liberty MY04-09 Bonnet scoops

Postby ULTREX » Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 pm

stock arrives in 2 week.....get your orders in and we can ship them fast!
ULTREX

Postby ULTREX » Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 pm

scoops will be here late next week....anyone like them? I hope so!
ULTREX

Postby ULTREX » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 pm

New stock has arrived - Lots of fibreglass scoops - and a couple cf scoops....

These look great!
ULTREX

Postby Laps » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Haha I should get one for my N/A. Make it look tougher 8)

Do you think just sticking down with 3M tape would hold at high speeds?
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
Laps

Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Laps wrote:Do you think just sticking down with 3M tape would hold at high speeds?

Yep, that scoop is on my car and with the front OEM bolts and 3M taped used around the remainder I had all faith in it holding tight. Did quite a few high speed runs with it on and didn't budge a bit. Had to take if off - for now - as I had issues with [my home done] paint job. It's off till I do some other stuff around my house (reno's aren't cheap) and then I'll be getting it and some other stuff painted by the pro's and the scoop will be back on.

:wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Laps » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:
Laps wrote:Do you think just sticking down with 3M tape would hold at high speeds?

Yep, that scoop is on my car and with the front OEM bolts and 3M taped used around the remainder I had all faith in it holding tight. Did quite a few high speed runs with it on and didn't budge a bit. Had to take if off - for now - as I had issues with [my home done] paint job. It's off till I do some other stuff around my house (reno's aren't cheap) and then I'll be getting it and some other stuff painted by the pro's and the scoop will be back on.

Yes, but will JUST 3M tape hold. I have an N/A with no bolt holes, and im not drilling my bonnet lol...
Laps

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Laps wrote:
Kevlar GT wrote:

Yes, but will JUST 3M tape hold. I have an N/A with no bolt holes, and im not drilling my bonnet lol...

Ahhhhhh, ok, I get it now and ummm, well, I wouldn't trust that situation much at all. Ha ha ha.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Laps » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Ah ok cool, looks like its a no deal for me then :)
Laps

Re: FREE EYELIDS WITH EVERY MY04-09 Bonnet scoops

Postby ULTREX » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:12 am

HERE IS A DEAL

Stock is limited!!!

Cheers
Rob
ULTREX

Re: MY04-09 Bonnet scoops

Postby ULTREX » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Here are some pictures from one very happy USA customer! :)

These scoops are $225 and look super!
http://www.ultrex.com.au/subaru-liberty ... p-348.html

Also available in CF
http://www.ultrex.com.au/subaru-liberty ... p-395.html

Cheers
Rob
ULTREX

Postby climic » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:06 pm

:wink:[/quote]

Yes, but will JUST 3M tape hold. I have an N/A with no bolt holes, and im not drilling my bonnet lol...[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, ok, I get it now and ummm, well, I wouldn't trust that situation much at all. Ha ha ha.[/quote]

Surely this would be able to fit without any bolts? Is there a solution to this? If so I will buy one! (not keen on drilling my bonnet!)
climic

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 Wagon 2.5i

Postby ULTREX » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:41 pm

climic wrote:Yep, that scoop is on my car and with the front OEM bolts and 3M taped used around the remainder I had all faith in it holding tight. Did quite a few high speed runs with it on and didn't budge a bit. Had to take if off - for now - as I had issues with [my home done] paint job. It's off till I do some other stuff around my house (reno's aren't cheap) and then I'll be getting it and some other stuff painted by the pro's and the scoop will be back on.

Yes, but will JUST 3M tape hold. I have an N/A with no bolt holes, and im not drilling my bonnet lol...[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, ok, I get it now and ummm, well, I wouldn't trust that situation much at all. Ha ha ha.[/quote]

Surely this would be able to fit without any bolts? Is there a solution to this? If so I will buy one! (not keen on drilling my bonnet!)[/quote]

I dont want to give you false hope here :)

It is designed to sit in the recess and bolt on - anything else will need modifying - if it can be done I am not sure
ULTREX

Postby Mr Cali » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 pm

good luck to anyone trying to install this with just tape. Think about how much air would be trapped inside the scoop whilst driving, I would be surprised, even with 3M tape if it could hold doing 100 kph + :lol:
Mr Cali

Car: Silver Gen IV Liberty GT

Postby climic » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Mr Cali wrote:good luck to anyone trying to install this with just tape. Think about how much air would be trapped inside the scoop whilst driving, I would be surprised, even with 3M tape if it could hold doing 100 kph + :lol:

I really want one! But need to find a solution for it to stay on!
climic

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 Wagon 2.5i

Next

Return to ULTREX